09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Might as well start poking at this...

DR: (I'm guessing)
Mike Brown
Mark Koehler
Mark Carlyle
Andy Essary
Anthony Manna
Brian Krzewinski but can I keep calling you Brian Krabopple? :)

AM:
The old man
Joe Honeycutt
Jon Moyer?
The Lashleys
That Monte Carlo SS with Lazeer's old motor?
How about Rockdaddy from MI in the Vega he legal and interested?

RS:
LPE white car? (I have a feeling they aren't bringing it, am I wrong?)
Adam Preston, winner LS Fest? 8.5's got it done
Ted Zimmerman?
Paul Falcon?
Charlie aka BES Stroked Nova?

Your LS reporter, PSJ

Fireball
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
can I keep calling you Brian Krabopple? :)

Only if you wear the banana suit to indy!

waterproofer
09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Well ls reporter, add my name to the list. LOL.

atomicfusion
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I will confirm my name on the list... we have gone back to old faithful (my LSX motor) for the shootout.

We will be there and ready to play!

waterproofer
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh hell!

ls1excitement
09-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Ted and i will be there....IN RS!

Pro Stock John
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
ls1excitement = Paul Falcon?

koolrayz
09-27-2011, 12:04 PM
:lurk:

REDGAR
10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Any updates John?

hellbents10
10-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Racing in pro stock lol.

Pro Stock John
10-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I was in Nashville for work, I'll call around on Monday and see what' up with a few cars.

BES Stroked Nova
10-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I be there!

Fbodyjunkie06
10-02-2011, 11:06 PM
I watch Paul at every Drag Radial race at Piedmont and the Rock. Solid car, hope it goes deep in the finals! I wish the Tick Performance boys would go too and run Real Street!

Fireball
10-03-2011, 07:16 AM
heard thru the grapevine that another drag radial car scattered a motor during testing :bomb:

Fbodyjunkie06
10-03-2011, 09:55 AM
which one?

Fireball
10-03-2011, 09:59 AM
which one?

not my place to say

LS1 ZR2
10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
The current plan is for LPE to be there with the white Camaro in Real Street.

LS1LT1
10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
heard thru the grapevine that another drag radial car scattered a motor during testing :bomb:Oh man, that sucks. :nono:

But crazier things have happened. I will never forget the whole Tom Kempf situation 4 years ago when they hit the wall bad in testing just days before the Shootout, worked straight through the whole time and actually got the car back together to make the event.
And won it. :eek:
Anything is possible. :thumb:

Fbodyjunkie06
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
not my place to say

Then why tell at all!!!!:guns::guns::guns:

Such a tease:D

BlwnTA
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
heard thru the grapevine that another drag radial car scattered a motor during testing :bomb:

So did you really hear the word "scatter" Brian???? I'm sure it came from Phil and he is smart enough to know the difference between "scatter" and burning a piston. Plus he knows the complete story, seriously doubt he would embellish it.

Not sure really why some of you guys like to play childish games regarding others issues, I guess some people have more time than others. I only dream of that idle time.

Now so the record can be straight, I burnt a piston in testing last Friday. How do I know that, it laid over at 1200', some oil smoke from the exhaust in the shutdown and Pan Vac fell to 2" (vs 11") at idle. The motor still runs but is hurt and there will be no effort to fix it right now. Why? Because everything points to an ignition issue and I'm not going to bandaid it hoping something else doesn't happen. This is identical to what happened last year at the Shootout when I thought is was out of fuel pump. Now that I have plenty of fuel (mechanically), in hindsight, it appears that's related to attempting to keep the COP beyond it's capability. Mine and Mike's set-up's are nearly identical right down to the tune, the main difference is ignition. We are not yet sure what has happened exactly but detonation obviously exists. My A/F was good, timing was good, no warning signs that we can see. So I will forego the Shootout and start getting the necessary changes made and be ready by early Spring.

Now..some more info...these new motors are bad to the bone (thanks to ERL, Callies, Wiseco and All-Pro). That pass was 4.86 to the 1/8 and 7.47 out the back with a piston or two melting like ice cream on a hot day in Texas,lol. I also will tell you two more things....that was done on the same boost that last year yielded low 5's and 7.90's, and lastly and most importantly...Mike's car is still running....and we have made more progress with his, see you guys this weekend :devil:

Mark

hellbents10
10-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I am sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to seeing the car run there. What ign. setup do you have? External wheel and cam sensor?

Fbodyjunkie06
10-03-2011, 04:57 PM
So did you really hear the word "scatter" Brian???? I'm sure it came from Phil and he is smart enough to know the difference between "scatter" and burning a piston. Plus he knows the complete story, seriously doubt he would embellish it.

Not sure really why some of you guys like to play childish games regarding others issues, I guess some people have more time than others. I only dream of that idle time.

Now so the record can be straight, I burnt a piston in testing last Friday. How do I know that, it laid over at 1200', some oil smoke from the exhaust in the shutdown and Pan Vac fell to 2" (vs 11") at idle. The motor still runs but is hurt and there will be no effort to fix it right now. Why? Because everything points to an ignition issue and I'm not going to bandaid it hoping something else doesn't happen. This is identical to what happened last year at the Shootout when I thought is was out of fuel pump. Now that I have plenty of fuel (mechanically), in hindsight, it appears that's related to attempting to keep the COP beyond it's capability. Mine and Mike's set-up's are nearly identical right down to the tune, the main difference is ignition. We are not yet sure what has happened exactly but detonation obviously exists. My A/F was good, timing was good, no warning signs that we can see. So I will forego the Shootout and start getting the necessary changes made and be ready by early Spring.

Now..some more info...these new motors are bad to the bone (thanks to ERL, Callies, Wiseco and All-Pro). That pass was 4.86 to the 1/8 and 7.47 out the back with a piston or two melting like ice cream on a hot day in Texas,lol. I also will tell you two more things....that was done on the same boost that last year yielded low 5's and 7.90's, and lastly and most importantly...Mike's car is still running....and we have made more progress with his, see you guys this weekend :devil:

Mark

Seriously? Even though I have no dog in this fight(ODR) and you guys have way more money, and faster cars than me, I think you are overreacting here Mark.

Hell I even asked Brian to divulge the info and he wouldn't? What the hell are you bitching about?

Sounds to me like your mad about 'melting' and not 'scattering' your piston(s), and not mad at Brian. Chill out, sheesh.

Fireball
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Mark

back the freaking train up...

In my world, scatter = not running = hurt...to me, those words are interchangeable.

I intended no disrespect. I wasn't informed into the extent of damage other than it was burnt up. I was only implying that the list in post 1 was most likely shortened...I wasn't giving out any further information...I'm definately not one for sh%t talking or those types of antics. Everyone realizes what we are doing is on the edge of insanity...parts get hurt...

and yes, I'm aware of what Mike's car did...are you now just realizing Phil can't keep his mouth shut :jest:

do you have any EGT data? Phil's car did the same thing 2yr ago (with a dizzy) and it was due to an injector.

BlwnTA
10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Seriously? Even though I have no dog in this fight(ODR) and you guys have way more money, and faster cars than me, I think you are overreacting here Mark.

Hell I even asked Brian to divulge the info and he wouldn't? What the hell are you bitching about?

Sounds to me like your mad about 'melting' and not 'scattering' your piston(s), and not mad at Brian. Chill out, sheesh.

Interestingly enough, I have noticed you never have a dog in the fight, but post anyway.

There's no over reaction...just setting the record straight before this turns into a soap opera which I know would happen. Has nothing to do with Brian divulging anything or not, it's not a secret or I wouldn't have told Phil,lol. I just don't have the time to notify the world soon as it happens. My sponsors knew, my crew knew, the guys running the parking at the Shootout knew so they wouldn't save that spot for someone without a trailer,lol. It's my opinion that if you want to put something out there, know the facts, maybe consider the way it's presented. No big deal.

Just to show how off your assumptions are...not mad about or at anything especially at anyone. People that know me can confirm that for ya. I have been doing this for 4 years and this goes with the territory of trying to be one of the fastest cars out there.

Mark

BlwnTA
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
back the freaking train up...

In my world, scatter = not running = hurt...to me, those words are interchangeable.

I intended no disrespect. I wasn't informed into the extent of damage other than it was burnt up. I was only implying that the list in post 1 was most likely shortened...I wasn't giving out any further information...I'm definately not one for sh%t talking or those types of antics. Everyone realizes what we are doing is on the edge of insanity...parts get hurt...

and yes, I'm aware of what Mike's car did...are you now just realizing Phil can't keep his mouth shut :jest:

do you have any EGT data? Phil's car did the same thing 2yr ago (with a dizzy) and it was due to an injector.

Thanks for the apology PM Brian, FWIW I never assumed any disrespect. In the future, PM or call me I will be happy to share the facts.

I have EGT data that is order for the most part. I have an issue with two inputs on the RED ALERT (cylinder 6 & 8), I was going to send it back after that season since it's only two weeks from now. I did verify that it was eroneous data by moving the the thermocouples around with no change to the actual goofy readings. I plan on scoping the cylinders tomorrow to see which piston(s) were affected. I'm not pulling the motor until I do some fab work.

Also FWIW...lol..

"Scatter" = $10-$15k
"burnt piston" = $1k

you must have more money than me to use those interchangeably :poke:

Mark

Fireball
10-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the apology PM Brian, FWIW I never assumed any disrespect. In the future, PM or call me I will be happy to share the facts.

I have EGT data that is order for the most part. I have an issue with two inputs on the RED ALERT (cylinder 6 & 8), I was going to send it back after that season since it's only two weeks from now. I did verify that it was eroneous data by moving the the thermocouples around with no change to the actual goofy readings. I plan on scoping the cylinders tomorrow to see which piston(s) were affected. I'm not pulling the motor until I do some fab work.

Also FWIW...lol..

"Scatter" = $10-$15k
"burnt piston" = $1k

you must have more money than me to use those interchangeably :poke:

Mark

well I had a scatter due to burnt piston...so I can relate...all-in-all its been a pretty sh%tty year for all of us :bang:

curious as to what you've seen as an issue with your EGT box...we can chat about it this weekend. I'll show you what mine is doing.

BlwnTA
10-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I am sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to seeing the car run there. What ign. setup do you have? External wheel and cam sensor?

Thanks...I was too :)

No,been trying to run off the standard COP set-up using the internal crank trigger wheel with OEM sensors. I knew it would be a weak link in power production only being able to spin it 8700-8800 before it loses sync, but didn't think it could be a pre-ignition or spark timing concern. Not a hundred percent that was the problem but it's currently looking that way based on conversation with various subject matter experts and the history of a few of my issues. Most people abandon that set-up earlier because of the reliability. Some have ran them with no issues up to a certain point but others run into issues that can't be explained so the move to a distrib or mag with an external trigger wheel. I just need to move forward on the change over to alleviate the concern.

BlwnTA
10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
well I had a scatter due to burnt piston...so I can relate...all-in-all its been a pretty sh%tty year for all of us :bang:

curious as to what you've seen as an issue with your EGT box...we can chat about it this weekend. I'll show you what mine is doing.

Hunt me up...I will have plenty of time to talk :D

BillyBob750
10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
"Scatter" = $10-$15k
"burnt piston" = $1k

Thats about the same definition that I had in my head, lol.

mr_biscuitz
10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Whats up with the LMR car lately?

atomicfusion
10-03-2011, 09:13 PM

Mark

Sucks to hear Mark... I am sure you will be there to help Mike out ... see you guys at the track. From what I hear, Mike's car is going to be a MONSTER!

waterproofer
10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
sorry, to hear you had some bad luck.

FSTR-THANU
10-03-2011, 10:44 PM
That is a bummer Mark! Unfortunately by your definition of "scatter"; I scattered the hell out of my motor but in less than one pass!! Maybe next year we can get a full season of racing in.

Good luck,

Tom

waterproofer
10-04-2011, 08:05 AM
by the FB post i would say LMR is coming.

Worm Boy
10-04-2011, 10:25 AM
You D/R boys better pack a lunch, we are going to wipe the dust off the firebird and roll out tomorrow!! =P

BlwnTA
10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
You D/R boys better pack a lunch, we are going to wipe the dust off the firebird and roll out tomorrow!! =P

Bout time you guys get back to only running a 1/4 mile at a time :burn:

Looking forward to seeing you guys!!! Have a safe trip.

Mark

Pro Stock John
10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear about that Mark. See you in Indy.

atomicfusion
10-04-2011, 09:28 PM

Oh shit, things just got interesting...

HSESWS6
10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I should be there in RS, put the motor and trans in last night

LS1LT1
10-04-2011, 10:21 PM

Oh shit, things just got interesting...:werd: I agree. :devil: :cool:

02SOMLS1WS6
10-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear the news Mark, I was hoping to see you run one last time this year. Always next year, keep up the good work and get it figured out.

Rodney

atomicfusion
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
We are adding power everywhere...

http://youtu.be/TzCdPNaAeGw

Fireball
10-05-2011, 06:39 AM
:funny:

LS1LT1
10-05-2011, 10:35 AM
We are adding power everywhere...

http://youtu.be/TzCdPNaAeGw:lol: :D

It's going to be a GOOD weekend. :cool:

KeithBerryZ06
10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
You girls better enjoy racing for 1st place in D/R this year.

Everyone be safe. Good luck to everyone. See you all next year.

Pro Stock John
10-05-2011, 10:01 PM
RS

Brent @ LPE posted that they are testing at Muncie tonight and went a 8.7@160mph, so it sounds like they have the car sorted out now. RS just got a little hotter. :)

Brian @ KYTP
10-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Adam Preston went 8.4's on back to back passes tonight at Indy.

LS1LT1
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
RS

Brent @ LPE posted that they are testing at Muncie tonight and went a 8.7@160mph, so it sounds like they have the car sorted out now. RS just got a little hotter. :)
Adam Preston went 8.4's on back to back passes tonight at Indy.OMG! :eek:

Fbodyjunkie06
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Holy shit Real Street is going to be HOT.

We all know who is gonna take DR though!

8.4's?!?!?!?!?! What is the 1/8th e.t. for that run? I'm not used to RS275 cars running out the back door. That's got to be picking up big time out the back, no? Hell Paul Falcon went low low 5.5's two weeks ago at Rockingham.

Fbodyjunkie06
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Interestingly enough, I have noticed you never have a dog in the fight, but post anyway.

There's no over reaction...just setting the record straight before this turns into a soap opera which I know would happen. Has nothing to do with Brian divulging anything or not, it's not a secret or I wouldn't have told Phil,lol. I just don't have the time to notify the world soon as it happens. My sponsors knew, my crew knew, the guys running the parking at the Shootout knew so they wouldn't save that spot for someone without a trailer,lol. It's my opinion that if you want to put something out there, know the facts, maybe consider the way it's presented. No big deal.

Just to show how off your assumptions are...not mad about or at anything especially at anyone. People that know me can confirm that for ya. I have been doing this for 4 years and this goes with the territory of trying to be one of the fastest cars out there.

Mark

Thank you for not taking shots at my quotes about my car or my money, as that shows me you have better morals than most on here. You are right, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it is a public forum. Info gets out, people want to know said info, it's always happening, whether your informed of it or not. I honestly don't care what anyone has to say about my car behind my back, it's the ones that say it to me while I'm standing in front of my car in the pits, that I waste any of my time worrying about, because I know they are like me. And if they are like me then they like winning too much to gossip.

Hopefully you can stay one of the fastest out there for years to come.

Oh and.....:pics:

Fbodyjunkie06
10-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Damn the firechicken hasn't been out in a loooong time, finally a TT challenger for all the big single turbo warlords to worry about!!!

Brian @ KYTP
10-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Adam's car has gone 5.20's, but that was not in LSX Real Street trim. The Lingenfelter car has the MPH to run the number, but they will have to bring power in sooner to get that ET down. Then it becomes a traction game. This will be an AWESOME LSX Shootout! Mark my words!

Josh@KY-Turbo
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Your Words have Been Marked....

Pro Stock John
10-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Drag radial..I think every body is here...
Mike brown
Mike meeks
Mark carlyle
Brian krabopple
Steve fereday
Andy essary

Anthony manna can't make it.

Fbodyjunkie06
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Drag radial..I think every body is here...
Mike brown
Mike meeks
Mark carlyle
Brian krabopple
Steve fereday
Andy essary

Anthony manna can't make it.

Funny shit right there

Pro Stock John
10-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Ray litz tagged the wall here is okay amd I think the car can be fixed.

I aee jud, joe, that mknte carlo ss, and chris foewler third gen jeremy for all moto

Drag radial guys have not made test his yet but atomic fireballand lmr were in line.