Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Nitrous, Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Considering Nitrous, Please Help!!!

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been doing a lot of research on here regarding Nitrous and what type of kit would best suit me. To start with, my car is a 2002 WS6, 6 speed, with Long Tube Headers, Texas Speed Dual Exhaust and SLP lid/K&N Filter. I eventually plan on adding a cam, but in the mean time, I'm thinking really hard about a nitrous kit. I found a used kit that I'm likely going to purchase. It's the Nitrous Outlet 78mm Plate System w/ Stage 3 and Dual Window Switch. Through reading the sticky's, it seems the kit comes with everything I'm going to need, and included will also be a timing retard kit that comes with the IAT sensor wiring. Now with the timing retard kit, that will allow for a max effort NA tune, and when I plan on running Nitrous, all I have to do is take some timing out, right? I may be way off on that, I'm not sure. Aside from new plugs, is there anything else I will need besides a tune? My main worry is my car is a manual 6 speed, so safety is kind of an issue for me. I want to do this right and at the same time make sure take all the safety precausions. I would love some input from some nitrous expects.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those plate kits from Nitrous Outlet are nice. You are correct, pulling a little timing is the normal thing to do along with nitrous friendly spark plugs. One item that I always recommend is a wide band.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for replies, as I'm considering the same. I have heard nothing but GREAT things about the Nitrous Outlet plate systems. Great choice on that!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by batboy
Those plate kits from Nitrous Outlet are nice. You are correct, pulling a little timing is the normal thing to do along with nitrous friendly spark plugs. One item that I always recommend is a wide band.
Yeah, I've read nothing but good things about Nitrous Outlet and it seems like a plate kit is the way to go.

So the **** you turn to pull timing will be intalled on the motor, or will it be installed inside the car? I'm new to all of this, so I need all the help I can get.

I know I'll need new plugs. I just intalled new NGK5 plugs, but I'll need NGK6's, right?

Wideband will tell my the A/F ratio, correct? How much does one of them go for?

Others please come in and help a brother out. I'm 99% sure I'm purchasing this kit, but I want to make sure I'm covering everything I need to to be safe.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

You should really call up Chris or any of the guys at Nitrous Outlet and I'm 100% sure that they can square you away with everything you need as well as answer all your questions. All around top notch guys over there.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

This.

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
You should really call up Chris or any of the guys at Nitrous Outlet and I'm 100% sure that they can square you away with everything you need as well as answer all your questions. All around top notch guys over there.
Call N20 Outlet. They will get you all fixed up.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You cant go Wrong wioth the package you found for sale. Instead of doing the IAT tricker I would get a lingenfelter controller to remove the timing. BR7EF spark plugs and your good.

Good thing is you will have access to the best technical help in the industry.. 1-866-648-7637

Dave
Old 09-29-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You cant go Wrong wioth the package you found for sale. Instead of doing the IAT tricker I would get a lingenfelter controller to remove the timing. BR7EF spark plugs and your good.

Good thing is you will have access to the best technical help in the industry.. 1-866-648-7637

Dave
Thanks Dave. I was hoping you'd come in. So does the IAT tricker go on the engine, or mount up inside the car? Also, by having the IAT tricker, my tune can be specific for my NA setup, and then when I plan to spray, just turn the **** a few times to take a few degrees of timing out? What does the lingenfelter controller go for?
Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

definately do the lingenfelter and the wideband is a must. the br7ef plugs are awesome choice as for timing you need to learn to read your plugs so you can adjust you tune accordingly
Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Thanks Dave. I was hoping you'd come in. So does the IAT tricker go on the engine, or mount up inside the car? Also, by having the IAT tricker, my tune can be specific for my NA setup, and then when I plan to spray, just turn the **** a few times to take a few degrees of timing out? What does the lingenfelter controller go for?
Just use the Lingenfelter unit. It pulls timing on the fly when the nitrous is engaged.