PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anybody use the FAST handheld programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anybody use the FAST handheld programmer?

Does anyone use this programmer?? i can get a good deal on one and im not going to radical with my car, and i wanted you guys opinion on it
Old 10-03-2011, 02:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So no one uses this?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

I had one on my old truck, bought it brand new and used the "Tow" tune...soon after I removed it and sold it (as-is) for a loss due to me not ever wanting to use it again after it somehow locked my timing at full advance. After having to pull over a half dozen times then finally reloading my stock tune back in.

It wouldn't have been so bad had I not been pulling a trailer with my car on it, and being by myself 90 miles from home...I was so pissed, I almost stopped and traded the truck in on the way home, lol...

That was roughly 4 years ago. After that episode, and a similar one with a POS Hypertech Power Programmer, I'll never, EVER use another handheld "tuner" again.

No idea what year your car is, but if it's an LS1 and simple tune is what you're after, I'd use FROST ( tunedbyfrost.com ) for a mailorder tune. It's very reasonably priced ($150 for "bolt-on" tune), and I'd put his tune and skills against any canned or so-called custom handheld tune that's available. Not to mention most handhelds are easily $300 or more...Even if you buy a used handheld for $150, you still have nothing IMO, which makes it a no-brainer...

Last edited by rel3rd; 10-03-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first started using HP Tuners I would use craigslist to buy up used handheld tuners to see what THEY changed in the tune so I could learn what all the fuss was about between companies. I would then sell the handheld to breakeven. A quick learn and go idea I figured. Even considered combining features of these "level I-II-III" tunes and selling them as a quick way to get my tuner paid off. After comparing several tunes to the work I was already providing customers I realized I hadn't learned a damn thing! Each handheld was VERY conservative even on the supposed 93* octane tune. Also you couldn't do 1/10 of what I could with Hp Tuners using those silly things. If you're planning on staying on the noob inexpensive side of things go www.tunedbyfrost.com. His tune will be light years ahead of any handheld tune at 1/2 the price.

Quick Reply: does anybody use the FAST handheld programmer?