Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear end floats with new moser 9 and stock sway bar.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Rear end floats with new moser 9 and stock sway bar.

I had TTM's 10.5's in the rear .. well decdied to put the stock 10 spokes on there.Everytime I press on the gas the rear end wants to dance like a hooker and jerk my whole car around.. still have the stock sway bar.. would a after mraket rear sway bar help any and if so which one do you recommend. Car has aftermarket panhard bar, adj lcas, stock sway bar which is against my moser 9 with locker.. With stock tq arm, and stock shocks. Have a UMI tunnel mount TQ arm just havent been home to mount it yet.. Ive done a search and I cant seem to get a solid answer.

If its the sway bar, is it necessary to get a drag bar for a C/I and soon to be Heads car with a 150 shot? Doesnt see much track, Mostly my DD for when I am home and get a chance to drive it.

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Ray
Old 09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

So the back of the car only feels loosey goosey when you're accelerating on the stock 10-spokes? Is this enough that you actually have to correct for it? It may simply be a loss in traction if it's kickin' to the left.

As for the drag bar helping, I only suggest it to drag cars. While or new, redesigned bar will be much more street friendly, it's still a tremendous bar that makes the back of the car very stiff. Drag bars are also not really going to be something you can take advantage of with a street tire.

What are your plans/goals with the car?
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, honestly... Well plans for the car are H/C/I with 150 shot until it blows.. then front mount turbo.. and as far as loosing tracking, thats def not the issue, I have to fight the car to get it back into the lane, it will go either way, most the times left and right. but its only under throttle, barely pressing the gas you can feel it dance under normal driving conditions
Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Change the TA, the stock one flexes a LOT. And if thats not the problem check for something thats loose or to see if the rear end is aligned correctly. See if the LCAs are the same length and so on. Just changing the wheels seems strange to have the issue, other than a lack of grip making it squirmy.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the simple stuff
Is the air pressure the same in both rear tires.
Is the rear tire rollout equal when measured.
Is the rear axle center for left and right side the same distance from the front axle center from left and right side.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the advice guys. Ill check it when I get back state side.

Quick Reply: Rear end floats with new moser 9 and stock sway bar.