Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Stage 2 Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Strano Stage 2 Kit?

Hey guys, still having mixed feelings on how to go about lowering the car. I just purchased OEM C6 Wheels (18's up front, 19's in the back) and I'm hearing input from all different perspectives. The Strano Stage 2 kit as I'm sure most of you that read this are aware, has the SLP Bilstein shocks and the Strano springs which is what I want, however I hear the SLP Bilsteins are either spectacular or garbage. I don't take my car to the track at all, and don't pound on her all the time, just a nice car for me to cruise on the street or take to a local car show. Any input into me going with this package for my setup? I know I will have to roll the fenders in the rear for me to drop the car, but this is the only major debate I'm hitting at the moment otherwise. Any opinions help guys! Thanks!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Where did you hear they are garbage? Koni's offer you flexibility and have more rebound damping (not a bad thing), but we do lots and lots of SLP Bilstein's with my springs and folks tend to be pretty happy with it as long as they aren't trying for a real corner carver.

It's hard to argue against what people "hear" on the internet. I have no idea what you've read, or from who.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Sam, do you believe that setup would work well for my application?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I do...

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I've got exactly this setup from Sam and its perfect for a street setup;

The ride is the same as stock, just a bit more firm, wayyyy better in any other aspect though!! The car is not too low; I'v got a bad Y pipe setup which is hanging low and I didnt have any big problem driving around town(roads are TERRIBLE!!!).

Look is AWESOME!! I've got tons of compliments for the stance!

The only negative is when the car is full of luggage or with 3 plp, when I hit a big bump at higher speed, it rubs a bit in the rear, nothing major. I've got 285 wide tires on 18'' wheels FYI.

DO IT ON FORGET WHAT YOU HEARD!!! There is only good comments on the Bilstein/Stranos on this board..
Old 09-29-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the input, looks like ill be ordering the stage 2 kit soon = )

Quick Reply: Strano Stage 2 Kit?