Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help on new suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on new suspension

i am new to the f bodys and my 2001 trans am needs new suspension parts all around. im leaning more towards a great handling street set up. whats the best set up for me?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, that depends on what exactly you want from the car. There are a number of options available to you. I could help you with figuring out what you want the car to do, then we can discuss parts from there.

I'm the one around here who does handling, others sell suspension parts. And I can sell drag parts, but I'm not a drag guy. I turn corners, and I do such a good job some have even tried to copy what I do (but luckily for me, they can't since they don't quite understand it).

Not much for me to go on, and while I could start rattling off parts, I really don't feel comfortable with that kind of sales pitch. I'd rather get you what you need, that makes for happy customers over the long run.

I can generally say that we'd start with a better set of shocks. Bilstein's at least, Koni at best. We could talk about other things, but the shocks are a huge key.

Call me, happy to help. 814-849-3417 or 814-849-3450.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i am in the process of selling another one of my camaros and after that ill have about a grand to spend. i already snapped a some bar in the rear in half. so i kind of want to replace everything to something im not gonna have to worry about. and its a good thing you replied because someone that knows so i dont buy parts and then have to replace them later.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Listen to Sam, he won't steer you wrong. No pun intended. He helped me with a purchase back in April and I couldn't be happier with the results. Gonna be calling back for more parts later this month.