View Full Version : WARNING: Valenti Cadillac in Hartford, CT.

lars27
09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi All, I wanted to share my recent experience with this dealer. I brought my car (2005 CTS-v) in to have the vibration in six gear issue fixed. The dealer diagnosed it and went back and fourth with GMPP on it, GMPP finally agreed to have 5th and 6 gears replaced. Finally, they took the transmission out and it was rusted/contaminated inside - so they ordered a new one. This went on for a month or so, trans finally came in this past Monday and when they went to roll the car inside, they noticed some missing items --the entire nav/gps/radio/info center and get this the sunroof controls were all ripped out in a targeted attack - with no forcible entry damage at all...hmmm...guess somebody had a key...aka inside job.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like someone with a CTS-V placed an order for some replacement parts with their favorite scumbag auto theft individual!!

I had no idea that people are after this sort of stuff - someone now has a mint condition nav unit and sunroof controller...

The dealer claims no responsibility whatsoever, I have escalated to the VP and Owner (they own many dealerships in CT.) - no response...

punishmentcycle
09-29-2011, 11:38 AM
of course they are resonsible..call better buisness bureau and file a law suit..also contact cadillac directly and explain ur situation..

jcollege
09-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow that is unbelievable, thanks for putting the word out on that dealership!

Driftunit
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
dont let them by with that dude get your car start a lawsuit and make them fix everything!

wcryan
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Don't get your car. Leave it there until everything gets replaced. And get some sort of an attorney/prepaid legal and start tallying up expenses you lost by not having your car. Your not gonna get much so I wouldn't go all out with an expensive attorney.

Skidmarcx
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM
WOW sorry to hear brotha... yea get a lawyer and file with BBB

lars27
09-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your support, on the work order they state that it happened in their custody. A police report has been filed - I am going to post this on any forum I can - really as a heads up to a dealer that "has a hard nosed policy that the dealership is absolutely not responsible for ANYTHING that happens there". I will most likely just subrogate this and have my insurance sue them - should be a pretty clear cut case - I had to get the car out of there, as I was afraid that the wheels, body panels, engine, new transmission and... haha you get the picture. And to the CT. guys, if anyone approaches you with a mint nav unit (looks brand new) and a sunroof control panel, well - you know where it came from.

cts-v 07ct
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
We don't have to many dealers that are good around here. I have tried two and had issues with both. Never bring your car to Tremonte in Branford. Alderman in Meridan is OK. I wouldn't bring my car to Scranton in Vernon because they tried to scare and rip off my wifes grandfather. I think there may be only one or two more in the state besides Valenti. Hopefully it all works out but that is pretty ridiculas. I have heard other negetive things about that dealer before.

BudRacing
09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
They were probably doing you a favor by taking your Nav unit. I'd get the cash equivalent from them and build something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuFSyEyQN_I

punishmentcycle
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM
that is one SICK g8!

lilgcts-v
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
my V is at the cadi dealership in meriden ... they've never seen a V before -_-

dhpro
09-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I think you've got to escalate this to Caddy/GM management. They have insurance for this type of thing and it really shouldnt be an issue for the dealership. Go to the CTSV/Caddy site and post - there are some GM people on there. Shouldnt the nav be able to be pinged by OnStar? Not sure but worth a try...looks to me like they had another V come in and they took your parts. Ask to see their service records...

TexVette
09-29-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm sure property damage laws in CT are somewhat different than they are here in Texas, but I think you have the right idea of filing with your insurance and having them subrogate. Honestly it's probably the easiest and headache-free thing to do. When they make a recovery you will also get your deductible back (if it's like Texas).

You could also file a lawsuit in small claims depending on the amount of damage, but that's a lot of work for you.

I've been a legal assistant in a law firm handling PI cases for ~10 years. Unless you have an attorney hunting buddy, it's not likely you'll find a law firm to take the case since there's no personal injury and thus not enough money to be made.

Edit: but yea i'd be busting the owner/VPs balls no matter what I did. That is unacceptable IMO and their policy is laughable. I'm sure their defense attorney paid for a ferrari with the way they handle business matters.

meatyCTS-V
09-29-2011, 07:36 PM
If you get nowhere with the Pres/GM, I would stand outside with a nice big sign that says "Valenti let theives vandalize my car... And all I got was the cardboard to make this sign"

I'm sure if you picket out front, someone is going to see what it takes to make you go away...

-meaty

lars27
09-30-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm sure property damage laws in CT are somewhat different than they are here in Texas, but I think you have the right idea of filing with your insurance and having them subrogate. Honestly it's probably the easiest and headache-free thing to do. When they make a recovery you will also get your deductible back (if it's like Texas).

You could also file a lawsuit in small claims depending on the amount of damage, but that's a lot of work for you.

I've been a legal assistant in a law firm handling PI cases for ~10 years. Unless you have an attorney hunting buddy, it's not likely you'll find a law firm to take the case since there's no personal injury and thus not enough money to be made.

Edit: but yea i'd be busting the owner/VPs balls no matter what I did. That is unacceptable IMO and their policy is laughable. I'm sure their defense attorney paid for a ferrari with the way they handle business matters.

Yup - as part of the "Valenti" family, they have a Jaguar dealer right next door. Imagine if some poor bastard went and bought a new "V" from them and the same thing happened when they were in for routine service...

lars27
09-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Once again, thanks everyone for listening. The car is out of there; and the apraiser is coming out on Monday to look at it. What really got to me was the attitude of the dealership offering nothing, and telling me to use my insurance.

I really do believe that this was a targeted attack perpetrated by insiders at the dealership. Also, they indicated that they will review the footage from their security cameras. However, I am not holding my breath...lol

DMM
09-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately, this is pretty much the industry standard now. This is why no dealership or repair facility will touch anything without a signature on the RO (repair order) or night drop envelope...you are agreeing that they are not to be held responsible for lost/damaged/stolen items.

Most times a dealer will try to goodwill something, especially if these are stock items that have been stolen. In actuality, if you picked the car up and the fender was caved in you would have to go through your insurance as well.

Sorry, but you cannot sue for damages, you have already relinquished that right and signed an agreement that they are not responsible. Since this is a GMPP claim, you will get a satisfaction survey...this is how the dealer is to be graded and affects every facet of the dealerships relations with GM. The lower the customer satisfaction levels, the lower the service writers commission is and the dealer loses "leniency" with GM's PNP (Policies and procedure's).

Sucks that you got a bad deal, the last GM dealer that I worked for before I got out of turning wrenches was having their new vehicles broken into on the lot. They hired security that sat in the front lot and the thieves turned their attention to the service cars parked in back. They eventually lost their affiliation and went under because of this.

nickr28784
09-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Once again, thanks everyone for listening. The car is out of there; and the apraiser is coming out on Monday to look at it. What really got to me was the attitude of the dealership offering nothing, and telling me to use my insurance.

I really do believe that this was a targeted attack perpetrated by insiders at the dealership. Also, they indicated that they will review the footage from their security cameras. However, I am not holding my breath...lol

From now on go to SCRANTON MOTORS in Vernon and talk to Sal and Steve who are the Service Manager/Forman's. Great guys and first class operation. Feel free to PM me if you would like me to put you in contact with them.

00A4SS
10-16-2011, 08:06 AM
I posted on this somewhere else..... But, Oneills Chevy Buick in Avon will work on any and all GM, and They are top notch not only in service quality/workmanship, but they'll bend over backwards to ensure customer satisfaction. I lived on the shoreline in Old Saybrook, and would make the 60-75 minute drive up for anything.