Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Just got done cleaning up the car..video inside...

Old 03-08-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just got done cleaning up the car..video inside...

Just got done getting my car cleaned up and ready to race at the Pepsi Chevy Show down here in Florida. I had plans to race in the LS1tech SBSO but my wife is 8 months pregnant with our twin boys so I'm basically forbidden from travelling more than 4 hours from home hehe.

Anyway the Chevy show is at my local track in West Palm Beach, FL and is the 2nd largest event they have there all year. Since I can't make the SBSO this is like the 2nd best thing.

Anyway, here is a little video I shot today, the old girl shines up nice huh?

Walk around Video (11.3 MB)

Lee
Old 03-08-2004, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intake

How does that intake work?....do you have a filter on it. Im aware that its a type of ram air but im to new to recognize it. Is it bought or made? Car looks great though!
Old 03-08-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jayh: That ram air intake is home made, its one of a kind. I'm still in the process of making a final version of it using mandrel bent 4" aluminum tubing. In the mean time this setup is working great. I gain 1 tenth and 2 mph from it at the track. Also according to my log book the car is running better number than it did before this mod in hotter weather.

There are no air filters on this setup, I have screens on both intake scoops and still have my MAF screen in, but thats it. My car is a race car only and isn't driven on the streets anymore. It would be very simple to install K&N cone filters on each side if you wanted to.

Lee
Old 03-08-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

thats sweet

you car sounds wicked. are you running the tr230?..or something bigger
Old 03-08-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup.. Thats the TR 230/224-111 cam with GTP S2 Heads and TR Headers.

I tell ya its a sweet little motor, I was dialed in at 10.67 all day last weekend bracket racing. I am planning a motor freshen/upgrade in July, I will probably go with the new TREX or something similar from Thunder Racing. I remember when I put this motor together the TR 230/224 was considered a big cam, that was over a year ago, my cam/motor is small now a days.

Lee
Old 03-10-2004, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

I was going to say that intake would not work on a regular hood SS or Z'd.LOL
Ah florida Hmmmmm warm.
Those exhaust dumps are going to stain your cement.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99SSragtop
I was going to say that intake would not work on a regular hood SS or Z'd.LOL
Ah florida Hmmmmm warm.
Those exhaust dumps are going to stain your cement.
Actually the clearance on the intake is lower than the top of the stock or after market air box. In order for it to clear the nose of the hood I had to cut a section out of the front frame and welded in a new cross brace. There wasn't room where the frame was to fit a 4" pipe without cutting or crushing the 4" pipe.

This intake setup helps alot in the heat down here, we are racing in 80-85* weather right now, and its only going to get hotter. Luckily my times have only fell off .07 since the 50* winter weather we had. I was running 10.60-10.62 in 50* weather and now I'm running 10.67-10.69 in 80* weather I'm happy with that.

I'm not worried about staining the driveway, I don't start the car every day as she's not a daily driver anymore. She only get fired up in the garage and loaded on the trailed every weekend. Plus I put a nice concrete sealer on the driveway, I've spilled oil on there and just wiped it right up with a rag, no stains

Lee
Old 03-14-2004, 01:17 PM
7 Second Club

nice set-up Lee! Hopefully you're doing well at the chevy race at Moroso, one day I'll get down there to race again, been a few years.

Derek
Old 03-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Car sounds nasty. I don't mean to be rude, but isn't your car a bit extreme for only running 10.60's @ 126mph? I would expect it to be an 8 second car based on looks.

Honestly, no flame intended. It just strikes me a bit odd.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Derek: The Chevy Show was a good time as always. I got to race your Dad one pass in open time runs. I stopped by later and chatted with him. He's a nice guy! I made the semi finals at the races, I think they said there was 120 something cars, in semi's there was actually 7 of us left (one guy broke). Unfortunately I tried to go all out and cut a perfect RT, I red lighted bad -.474... what makes it worse was the guy I raced had a .669 RT and he BROKE OUT! I totally handed it to him. I ran right on my dial-in too. Ah well if you don't redlight once in a while then it means your not trying hard enough right? hehe

Unit23: HOW DARE YOU!! JK....bro. My car is actually setup to be a 8 sec car, I just need a 8 sec motor. But right now I pretty much have a stock bottom end (only forged pistons and ARP rod bolts, rest is stock) H/C car that runs 10.60's on motor, its own right that is pretty extreme. I am squeezing every ounce of HP & TQ out of that little motor. It has been tough to want to change or do any upgrading to the motor because the car is deadly consistant. I bracket race every weekend and the car runs its number every pass.

This motor has been in the car, racing every weekend, for over a year now. I am planning to atleast freshen up the bottom end new bearings etc in a few months. The thought has been crossing my mind to upgrade the little engine that could to the big engine that will, ya know what I mean.

BTW: Here is a pic taken this Saturday, imagine if my motor put out more than the 405 RWHP it does now..

Lee
Old 03-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1

Unit23: HOW DARE YOU!! JK....bro. My car is actually setup to be a 8 sec car, I just need a 8 sec motor. But right now I pretty much have a stock bottom end (only forged pistons and ARP rod bolts, rest is stock) H/C car that runs 10.60's on motor, its own right that is pretty extreme. I am squeezing every ounce of HP & TQ out of that little motor. It has been tough to want to change or do any upgrading to the motor because the car is deadly consistant. I bracket race every weekend and the car runs its number every pass.

This motor has been in the car, racing every weekend, for over a year now. I am planning to atleast freshen up the bottom end new bearings etc in a few months. The thought has been crossing my mind to upgrade the little engine that could to the big engine that will, ya know what I mean.

BTW: Here is a pic taken this Saturday, imagine if my motor put out more than the 405 RWHP it does now..

Lee
You know what...about 10 mins after I posted that I thought to myself...that guy is running 10.60's with a 346ci N/A motor!

I'm so not used to seeing people do that I just figured it was sprayed. Guess I should read a little more.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FEAR THE LS1

Lee
Man, I love watching those launches!!!! The best was watching it from almost right next to you when I was gettin one of the vids from where the tech guys sit, that was some sight and sound!!!!

PS - That pic did come out great!!!!!

Search this Thread