Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Firebird iPhone car kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird iPhone car kit?

I am looking for a Car kit for my Formula.. Vent mount or glass mount? what do you guys use and post a pic if you have one..

I am not a big fan of wires going all over the place but I plan in getting a PAC adapter so I can play music from the phone.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same issue. The cent one fell out when I floored it and tue glass one was always in the way and wires hanging no matter how much I tucked. My solution:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/1420685-iphone-dock-my-usa-spec-interface.html
Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats cool.. Mine is a m6 so the ashtray is behind the shifter.. I would not mind having it a little higher so I can see the screen.. but damn good work..
Old 10-01-2011, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can see the entire screen. Somehow the dip I made for the Home button relaxed out a but and isn't as deep as it used to be. When I first made it I could put my whole finger in that button. A day later and I can't even touch it. Sometimes I wish I had the M6 console so that it would be in front of the shifter. You have to be careful not to crash into it when shifting. Sadly on our cars there just isn't much in the way of mounting options for something like that. You could mod the gauge bezel and make a dock for it up there but that'd be a bitch. I could do it for ya. Or even the ashtray. All I'd need is the ashtray itself and the cord that plugs into the phone.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well and for it to be a little worth my time.

Quick Reply: Firebird iPhone car kit?