Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

White mold on interior doors and seat belts. Armour All?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Default White mold on interior doors and seat belts. Armour All?

My cars been sitting outside for over a decade, covered of course, so I'm really not surprised that the interior is a little moldy. It's just a light white mold and comes off easy but is Armour All still the weapon of choice for the interior? Thanx
Old 10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the seat belts I would just use some soap and water. It is a lot more mild then armour all and no harsh chemicals that can degrade the seat belt material. For the dash and other stuff armour all away.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
My cars been sitting outside for over a decade, covered of course, so I'm really not surprised that the interior is a little moldy. It's just a light white mold and comes off easy but is Armour All still the weapon of choice for the interior? Thanx
is this leather ??// armour all wont kill mold ...the roots of the mold penetrate the surface they are on except for steel ,plastic , concrete etc any type of fabric or leather needs to be cleaned properly for it to not come back. there is a product called sporicidin you could order and use that first and then hit with armour all after. and bleach doesnt work on mold either common myth it actually makes it worse. the only other thing i would maybe recommend would be to rent a smalll ozone machine that will also take care of the mold.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
is this leather ??// armour all wont kill mold ...the roots of the mold penetrate the surface they are on except for steel ,plastic , concrete etc any type of fabric or leather needs to be cleaned properly for it to not come back. there is a product called sporicidin you could order and use that first and then hit with armour all after. and bleach doesnt work on mold either common myth it actually makes it worse. the only other thing i would maybe recommend would be to rent a smalll ozone machine that will also take care of the mold.
No, there is no leather. It's only on the doors, which I guess is vinyl/plastic, and seatbelt straps.

Quick Reply: White mold on interior doors and seat belts. Armour All?