Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fans (not cooling fans) on LS1

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fans (not cooling fans) on LS1

I have a 2002 WS6, LS1, HPT and the stock fan 1 (low) and fan 2 (high) are 0.15 g/sec (low) and 0.37 g/sec (high) I think these add to the raf numbers for idle as my idle trims go pos. when the fans come on by about the amount in these parameters, I have lowered the numbers to 0.10 and 0.20 for low and high and it has helped, now the low doesn't seem to change the idle trims but the high still puts them ~.2 high...it almost seems I need 0.0 in these? These are there for a reason...what am I not understanding?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

Their purpose is to add to the idle to compensate for the draw on the alternator when the fans kick on... on an engine idling at the lower stock RPM, this is needed - at higher idle RPMs (like with a cam), it may not be needed... if you don't need it, you can zero it out. Is is causing your idle to rise too much when the fans come on?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
Their purpose is to add to the idle to compensate for the draw on the alternator when the fans kick on... on an engine idling at the lower stock RPM, this is needed - at higher idle RPMs (like with a cam), it may not be needed... if you don't need it, you can zero it out. Is is causing your idle to rise too much when the fans come on?
No but it makes my trims go positive and I am trying to get the idle and a/c idle correct and the idle trims are good till the fans kick on, then go positive and by just about what is in the tune, now with my 224 cam I have the idle set at about 750, it sounds like a stock idle, but maybe I don't need any add and will try to zero them out and check.

Quick Reply: Fans (not cooling fans) on LS1