Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Help Please

I just brought a 02 fb ta for cheap with only 46k on it i need heelp deciding on a clutch to buy i would say its lightly modified intake tb fuelrails headers loudmouth pipes pro 5.0 shift kit i know i need a better than stock but idk which one to buy ill be honest 700 bucks is the max i want to spend but im lost this is the first ls1 for me and im dying to get it on the road and sorry if i didnt do this right but this is my first time starting a thread or ne thing like this ne suggestions ive been looking at the ls7 kit from scoggin dicky monster and spec from mdspeed and does ne one know if centerforce is ne good its not going to be thrown down a track every weekend im going to horse it every now and then so i would say mild track mainly street use help please

Last edited by meanls1fbta; 10-02-2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 10-02-2011, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd get the LS7 clutch. Great clutch for mild/full bolt ons and a cam only car. I was eyeballing it for a little while when I thought I was going to be cam only, but then I added Heads and Intake. Pick that up with a Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder and you'll be set. The Tick piece is just a bonus, you don't really NEED it, but for what it does to your car, NOBODY including myself has been disappointed with it.

Spec tends to be hit or miss from the reviews I've read here. Centerforce I've seen virtually nothing on. That's the type of clutch Summit or Jegs would sell. Not knocking it by any means, but I'd stick with a sponser here on the board over Summit/Jegs. I know a lot of people rave about Monster Clutches, so those might be worth a look. Seems like most of the threads in the Manual Transmission section revolve around Monsters, so take a look.

Good luck.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest the Monster Level 1 for a car as you describe. It's better than the LS7 clutch, not too much more expensive and it's warrantied.

Details here: http://www.tickperformance.com/produ...3A-450%29.html

...and as SweeTbone mentioned, our Master Cylinder is a nice upgrade. It's a bit more than the $700 you mentioned, but our Tick/Monster COMPLETE Clutch Swap Package comes with everything you should replace/upgrade while doing a clutch: http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/
Old 10-08-2011, 01:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A period looks like this .
A comma looks like this ,
Use them please, thank you

Quick Reply: Clutch Help Please