Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Not Fbody but need help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Not Fbody but need help please

Ok, I have never asked a non-fbody question in any of these sub forums but I'm at a loss. I have replaced my mother-in-laws brakes 4 times, I'm talkin complete brakes, rotors/pads/calipers/lines & its still having issues.

She took it to her mechanic & he replaced the brake booster, brake control module & some sensor I forget the name. So basically the entire system has been done.

This damn van still starts smokin the brakes & I mean rolling smoke out. It doesnt do it all the time, but once it gets some heat in the brakes its over. You can pull over & let them cool off for a few & then it'll get you home. Sometimes it'll happen again sometimes not.

I did a little digging on the net & found out its a issue with Dodge but they wont pony up & issue a recall, even though apparently its plagued them since at least 99'. Has anyone on here thats got more experience with brakes than myself ever encountered this? Its a 2005 Grand Caravan & she is stuck in it. So I'm tryin to figure out a way to help her, she has spent a retarded amount on brakes in just the last 2 months.

If anyone can help or knows a trick to fix this issue please drop a comment. This is nuts, I have never encountered this issue before on any car.

Last edited by BIG_MIKE2005; 10-03-2011 at 05:35 PM.