Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

another vibration question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another vibration question.

So, I just bought an 04 gto m6 and I've noticed a drive line vibration. Its not terrible but its there. I can feel it at light throttle, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. It I got half to full trottle its not felt at all. I got under it yesterday and was able to move the drive shaft a good 3/8's of an inch in the canter section. Is that ok? I'm going to pull the drive shaft tomoorrow and have them balanced to see if that helps. Any opinions?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Movement at the center carrier is normal. Look to make sure the rubber holding the bearing to the mount is not torn. Also look at each end of the DS to make sure the rubber isolators are not cracked or ripped.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

the mother f83king tranny was about to fall off. Literally. 4 bolts were missing on the bell housing. Put them in and the vibration is gone. Hopefully the pilot bearing isnt ruined. I called the guy i bought the gto off of and told him what the issue was. Apparently, he did an ls7 clutch not too long ago........
Old 10-24-2011, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Geez man, thats insane. I would still pull the tranny to check the input shaft, pilot and slave for any irradic wear. Good thing you caught it before it really got ugly.

Quick Reply: another vibration question.