Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Need some help here on switching engines!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Need some help here on switching engines!

I have a 96 camaro, im looking to do an ls motor swap. more likely an ls2 or ls1. anyone know what i would need to change in order to do that? engine mounts, computer, chassis etc. any help would be great!! just trying to get an idea of how much money its going to cost, and what i need to do it. i tried looking up info but every website is different, i just want a straight foward answer from someone, thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

figure about $5-6K depending on what tranny you decide to go with. t56's are in high demand, so they will run a premium. decide what your goals are with this car, research, research, and then research some more. put together a budget, add 30%, and hit it hard!

do some searching on here and you can probably find some good builds with the 93-97 gen 4 cars.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you think i could get a whole motor with all the fixings and a beefed up tranny for around 6k? no labor involved btw, just parts.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just parts, probably...i think there was a guy selling a 6.0 and a t56 for 5k in the classifieds. if you shop around long enough, you'll come across what you need...haha, or get frustrated enough and just buy it new or from a supplier.

its the little stuff that you forget about that kill ya in the end.....like i said, add 30% once you have a budget.

Quick Reply: Need some help here on switching engines!