Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how to cut corvette fuel rail covers to fit a 99 camaro ss egr deleted...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

Default how to cut corvette fuel rail covers to fit a 99 camaro ss egr deleted...

Guys any one know how to cut corvette fuel rail covers to fit a 99 camaro ss egr deleted...

thanks the frc are off a 50th anniversary vette
Old 10-06-2011, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

PM a user on here called "PontiacFan" his name is Kelly, he made mine and FWIW I don't think they need to be cut, an LS1 is an LS1, they fit the engine, not the car...they just mod over the name with fillers and such.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Cajun
I would guess & say that you could probably get by with just cutting for the throttle cable bracket & a hole for the dipstick.
Send me a PM with an email address, & I'll send you some tips.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cajun is incorrect, the FRC need to be cut to fit the fuel lines on a f-body. If you already have a set, you can just test fit it and see where it needs to be cut. Otherwise you can buy pre-cut ones from different sponsors.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
Cajun is incorrect, the FRC need to be cut to fit the fuel lines on a f-body. If you already have a set, you can just test fit it and see where it needs to be cut. Otherwise you can buy pre-cut ones from different sponsors.

No, Sorry, you are incorrect.
This has NOTHING to do with cutting to fit the fuel lines.

Do not place mis-information out there if you are not 100% accurate, or 'been there, done that'.

FYI, IF you start with the correct 97-98 FRC's with 2-slots, ..., this has nothing to do with fuel lines.

And even the people who make the mistake of starting with the later covers with only one slot, ..., even they can get by without the second slot if they absolutely want to.

Some people who still have the AIR system will sometimes cut relief's in the back to go around the AIR tubing.
There is also a big wire bundle in the back passenger side that gets in the way. So cutting that area a bit also helps.

And some people don't drill for the oil dipstick either. I do simply because I prefer to bring the dipstick 'up' more to gain easier access, instead of pushing it out further away form the engine.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
No, Sorry, you are incorrect.
This has NOTHING to do with cutting to fit the fuel lines.

Do not place mis-information out there if you are not 100% accurate, or 'been there, done that'.

FYI, IF you start with the correct 97-98 FRC's with 2-slots, ..., this has nothing to do with fuel lines.

And even the people who make the mistake of starting with the later covers with only one slot, ..., even they can get by without the second slot if they absolutely want to.

Some people who still have the AIR system will sometimes cut relief's in the back to go around the AIR tubing.
There is also a big wire bundle in the back passenger side that gets in the way. So cutting that area a bit also helps.

And some people don't drill for the oil dipstick either. I do simply because I prefer to bring the dipstick 'up' more to gain easier access, instead of pushing it out further away form the engine.

So you agree that you would need to modify them for a second slot?

Plus OP said 50th anniversary, which would mean 2003.

Not going to continue arguing, just was trying to state that your initial post was incorrect, whether I was right about what needs to be cut for what, I know my FRC's were cut to fit the lines on my t/a.

Also from a sponsor that sells them:
"Fuel rail covers come standard on late model Corvettes and have been adapted for use on the Camaro and Firebird 1998-2002 V8 LS1 models. We start with a Corvette OEM cover and make the necessary cuts to fit the Camaros and Firebirds. These cuts take into account the 2 fuel lines and the air system."

To OP, its not hard to trim these, also if you have swapped the intake from stock (whether LS1 or LS6), ie: FAST, then you might have to trim some along the inner edges of the FRC's to get them to fit properly. It took me under an hr to do mine.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cajun: Your engine bay is sexy!
Old 10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean engine bay. Show car ready

Quick Reply: how to cut corvette fuel rail covers to fit a 99 camaro ss egr deleted...