Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Tahoe - Great Tow Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Tahoe - Great Tow Vehicle

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Tahoe
Price: $7250
Mileage: 176000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Pictures here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/580826403DYbBxl

I bought a big block Suburban for towing and I have no need for 3 street cars.

2001 Chevy Tahoe 1500 LS, indigo metallic blue, gray interior, 5.3L V8, 4-speed automatic with push-button selectable 2WD/4WD/Auto AWD. Factory towing package including hitch receiver, standard 7-pin connector, heavier springs, shocks (I think these are different), better brakes, tranny cooler and deeper rear end gear (3.73). PA inspection valid through 7/2012.

Power windows, power locks, power seats, cloth interior (not that crappy GM leather), AM/FM/CD/Cassette with separate rear audio controls, 3rd row bench seat (removable), 2nd row bench seat (can lay flat and fit 4'x8' pieces of plywood in there), cruise, independent rear HVAC controls, remote keyless entry with 2 functional fobs, roof rack (never used), "Homelink" universal garage door opener (never used), On Star (never used), full size spare tire.

I purchased this vehicle at Wright Chevrolet in Ambridge in 2005 when it had 71,000 miles on it. It now has about 176,000 miles on it. Since I have owned it, I have had two different jobs and both were/are +80 miles roundtrip (starting in 2006) so these are mostly highway miles. I spend ~13 hours a week in this car and know it inside and out. There are various nicks and small wear spots. Not terrible and not hugely noticeable unless you are looking for them.

Well maintained. Garaged since 2006 when I moved to a house where the garage opening was tall enough for it to fit inside. In respectable condition and most are surprised when they learn the mileage (I still claybar and Zaino it periodically). Great in snow and rain - I ignore the weather and worry about the other guy.

All recommended maintenance at proper or better intervals, Mobil 1, Iridium plugs, Red Line ATF in the tranny, Goodyear serpentine belt, blah, blah blah. You get the idea. I take good care of my stuff.

Since I purchased it, the only items that have failed on this car that are not consumables have been:
Water Pump at 8x,xxx miles and replaced at that time.
AC died in June of 2010 and I did not get it repaired. Don't use it that much anyway.
The remote power mirrors don't work. Never looked at it because they are sized for towing and don't ever need moved.
Above 3/4 tank, the fuel gauge is flaky. As the fuel load goes down, it gets more accurate and at around 1/2 tank, it is correct though is occasionally still a little flaky. To me, it hasn't been worth pulling the fuel tank to play with it.

Replaced in the last 9 months:
1) Battery
2) Front brake pads
3) Front rotors
4) Rear brake pads
5) Changed brake fluid with new fill of DOT4.
6) Cabin Air Filters
7) Rear driveshaft rear u-joint. Old one failed and was giving a vibration. Front u-joint was replaced last year.

Tires are quality Michelin LTX M/S - not new but the tread block sipes are still visible.

Motor still pulls hard. At operating temperature, the motor still holds 40psi at idle with 5w30 Mobil 1 in there. No funny behavior from the tranny. Not many rattles and still cruises down the Interstate at 75mph giving a solid, comfortable ride. Nothing wrong with this car.

I have the RPO list (build codes) and I purchased a Car fax for it. Available upon request.

Clean title in hand for easy transaction.

$7250obo
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Teching In

trade for overheating transam ls1
Old 10-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Teching In

I am actually selling it because I replaced it with a Suburban which made the Tahoe my daily driver. I then went and bought an f-body for my daily driver and I don't need 3 street cars so I am selling it outright.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Teching In

Sale pending.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Teching In

This car has been sold.

Quick Reply: 2001 Tahoe - Great Tow Vehicle