New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 00 z28 has a couple probs. I have big plans for this car! Help?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My 00 z28 has a couple probs. I have big plans for this car! Help?!

Bought a 00 z28 stock. 75k miles, ran me 5500. Well, there seems to be something that has me wondering about the car!

Traction control:I noticed there is a button above the stereo for traction control, it has 3 letters on the button, traction control is always on, I cannot burnou or launch for crap. For CRAP. Haha, so I get to looking a this button and when I push it, well, switch it, it just bounces back, which I thought was weird, its a side to side switch, when I try to burnout/powerbrake or hit just the gas from a dig, the low traction light comes on!!

Second problem, and it scared me to death when it first happened, I hit the gas at low speeds. Engine started cutting out and thought I got screwed. Turns out the rubber piece in front of the intake got sucked in partially, caustic the intake to not pull enough air, this was a easy fix after I found the problem, as I used metal brace clamps to secure the flap, would this problem be taken fully care of if I bought an slp lid?

Third, minor, where my foglights go, there is just a black piece where the lamps go and no light lol, the switch for fogs inside the cabin work, unlike the traction control switch, when I hit the fogs switch, it stays on or off, it doesn't bounce back like the traction control switch...is my car wired for foglights? And how would I go about removing the black plastic fake fogs and installing blue hids?

Thank you guys for your help, I always ge the answers I need here!!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 AM
Teching In

1.Lol sorry, but if u press the tcs(Traction control system) switch once then look at ur dash lights it should say tcs off.. its only supposed to click, not stay in position like the fog lights

2. no idea what rubber flap u mean

3. sounds like the previous owner modded it..
Old 10-09-2011, 05:10 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol at number 1, yeah that clicks back but it will say its off, you must be one of those guys that keeps pressing an elevator button over and over again lol
Old 10-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Banned

Lol you are freaking out over this thing. The traction control button is a switch that is supposed to bounce back. After you flip it and it bounces back it should say "ASR Off" on your instrument display cluster, in yellow light. If it says it's off, it works. That means you can spin the tires all you want. Yes, when you spin the tires or do a burnout the "low traction" light will come on, it means you're getting no traction...thus why the tires are spinning. Come on man, don't be a dumb ***.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Staging Lane

Hey you guys have me all wrong.
I am not being a dumbass, the traction control switch, doesn't even say tcs or something that could even resemble traction control, it's 3 different letters and I figured it meant traction control, I was RIGHT, also, I played with it and imagined if it worked, that it would say something on the dash, I was RIGHT, didn't say anything on the dash so I don't know what's up with it. Also, I'm not new to these cars, my previous car was a 2000 formy, which didn't have a traction control option, that's what confused me in the first place.
My question is legit. You guys answered it, even if it was in a rude way, my traction control must be broke. Thanks guys...
Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Banned

Glad we could help.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Real quick, my search doesn't work on my phone. Can someone suggest the most common rear end upgrade? I need to invest in one. Kthxbai
Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want to upgrade the rear you have, then You could put one of the girdles on it, supposed to help stop the caps from moving around. But IF you have big plans for this car,, then I would go ahead and buy an aftermarket like a 9' or 12 bolt,, even the strange s60 because when you throw power at these rear ends,, they like to explode. Guess how I know???
Old 10-09-2011, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

yeah doesnt take much to do in a 10-bolt