Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need suspension advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suspension advice

Ive got a 01SS that I am looking to lower. I don't know a whole lot about suspension so I'd love yall's opinions. I'm pretty set on the strano/bilstein package (1.25" I believe it is) but it was brought to my attention by a friend that I should go ahead and get a PHrod and LCA's. My question is does it make a difference if I get them adjustable or not? The car is stock for now and I don't see myself making a whole ton of power over stock any time. It's pretty much just a DD if this info helps. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're going to lower, and you care about longevity of your shocks, Koni SAs should be on your list.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

My LCA's are non adjustable. I put them on the car years ago to help with the wheel hop. I just lowered the car a couple days ago with Strano's and Koni's. I bought an adjustable PHB. Once lowered the rear might be off center. It's a common problem and you would need an adjustable PHB to re-center the rear. After lowering mine the center looked fine, so I have not installed to PHB yet. I will install the PHB soon and take mearsurements before to see if it is off or not. I talked to Sam Strano about the PHB and he said he does not include it in a kit because most don't need it. If your going to buy one, it might as well be adjustable. I assumed my rear would be off and bought it beforehand just in case. Sam suggested the Watts link instead for better handling. That kit is $650 versus $100 for the PHB, so I'm debating that now????
Old 10-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
If you're going to lower, and you care about longevity of your shocks, Koni SAs should be on your list.
You buying??
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lightbulb

Already did for my SS.

Ya bought the top-of-the-line SS not just the Z28, so why put 2nd best on? Plus, why buy twice due to not choosing the ideal shock for the job? Do the job right the first time and be happy that you did.

Originally Posted by SuperStock99
You buying??

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 10-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99zee
My LCA's are non adjustable. I put them on the car years ago to help with the wheel hop. I just lowered the car a couple days ago with Strano's and Koni's. I bought an adjustable PHB. Once lowered the rear might be off center. It's a common problem and you would need an adjustable PHB to re-center the rear. After lowering mine the center looked fine, so I have not installed to PHB yet. I will install the PHB soon and take mearsurements before to see if it is off or not. I talked to Sam Strano about the PHB and he said he does not include it in a kit because most don't need it. If your going to buy one, it might as well be adjustable. I assumed my rear would be off and bought it beforehand just in case. Sam suggested the Watts link instead for better handling. That kit is $650 versus $100 for the PHB, so I'm debating that now????
Thanks for the info, looks like my wallets going on a diet this month.

Quick Reply: Need suspension advice