Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Suggestions please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Suggestions please?

hello Ladies and Germs

So it is that special time in every anual cars life to pt that first clutch in. Id liek some suggestions from everyone on what clutch to go with. Im a 23 year old college student living in Riverside, CA, got limited funds so bang for the buck is what im looking for. Also if you guys can tell me a list of stuff i need to replace that would be fantastic because ive never done this before.

My car will probably never get any higher than it is now hp wise, i plan on eventually tracking my car on road course or auto cross.

I was looking at two clutches: the LS7 Clutch with/LS2 Flywheel set-up or a SPEC Stage 1.

Was told to put in a TICK Performance master Cylinder with theTICK performance remote bleeder...

once again let me know what parts I should replace and what clutches to go with..

CHEERS Everyone
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Our Stage 1 is a great value and it includes a new pressure-plate, disc, pilot bearing and throw-out bearing. It can be used with the stock flywheel, as long as it has not been cut previously (or as long as the amount of material removed is less than .015" combined). This set-up is great for a daily driven car and can be used more aggressively as long as your torque output is within its rated capacity. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've had good luck with SPEC Stage 1 and the LS7 stuff in the past. With our Adjustable Master Cylinder, you'll definitely be able to make either disengage fully and with our Remote SPEEDbleeder Line, you'll be able to bleed it easier than ever before (whenever you want)!

We sell both the SPEC and the LS7 clutches (along with a few other brands), and you can view them all here: http://www.tickperformance.com/categ...e/Clutch-Kits/

...and before you pull the trigger, make sure you check out our Tick Performance/Monster Clutch COMPLETE Clutch Swap Package, here: http://www.tickperformance.com/ls1-f...-swap-package/

It comes with literally EVERYTHING you should replace/upgrade during a clutch install, including the Monster Clutch (I suggest Level 1 for your setup) and SFI Certified flywheel (I suggest 28lb for your setup).

Feel free to PM or post up with any further questions!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

If you want your money worth go with the MONSTER CLUTCH level 1 or 2 plus they warranty there product for a year.No one eles does that! Just reseach the company then make your order lol!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDemonSS
hello Ladies and Germs

So it is that special time in every anual cars life to pt that first clutch in. Id liek some suggestions from everyone on what clutch to go with. Im a 23 year old college student living in Riverside, CA, got limited funds so bang for the buck is what im looking for. Also if you guys can tell me a list of stuff i need to replace that would be fantastic because ive never done this before.

My car will probably never get any higher than it is now hp wise, i plan on eventually tracking my car on road course or auto cross.

I was looking at two clutches: the LS7 Clutch with/LS2 Flywheel set-up or a SPEC Stage 1.

Was told to put in a TICK Performance master Cylinder with theTICK performance remote bleeder...

once again let me know what parts I should replace and what clutches to go with..

CHEERS Everyone
From what you're describing your looking for, our Level 1 with 18lb Billet flywheel is what I'd recommend to free up some rotational mass allowing the car to accelerate and rev faster.

Quick Reply: Clutch Suggestions please?