Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

theft deterrent relay physical location for 2000 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default theft deterrent relay physical location for 2000 T/A

Sure hope this is in the correct forum. If not, I apologize.

Ive been chasing down the ever popular "no start-no click" problem and now down to relay replacement. Things i have done/replaced/checked...

starter
alternator
VATS
clutch safety switch
etc....

My question is..the physical location of the Theft Deterrent Relay.
Different places on different years. Specifically the 2000 Trans am WS6.
The other relay locations are self explanitory. Searched a bunch!..now hoping someone can shed some light on this stealthy little black cube!

Thanks!
EDIT..... Found it hiding behind the radio, attached to side of airbag bracket along side of the blower relay!

Last edited by maulad; 10-09-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: found answer shortly after posting
Old 10-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

maulad...mine is a 2000 ws-6 as well and does the same exact thing for 3 minutes and then will start...replace the key is what i did and have not had the problem since....hope this helps...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Teching In

my 96 does the same thing. security light flashes once in a while deterring the car from starting. guess the wiring in my ignition cylinder lock is fried. i can trick it into starting for now though, if i turn the key right before the starting position and hold it there for 3 seconds, the security light goes away and the car starts. but yeah check your cylinder. maybe its shot.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkknight774
my 96 does the same thing. security light flashes once in a while deterring the car from starting. guess the wiring in my ignition cylinder lock is fried. i can trick it into starting for now though, if i turn the key right before the starting position and hold it there for 3 seconds, the security light goes away and the car starts. but yeah check your cylinder. maybe its shot.
i had this prob with my 94 trans am i would turn the key and security light flashes once it stopped flashing the car would start

Quick Reply: theft deterrent relay physical location for 2000 T/A