Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Modded G8 GT vs Stock 2011 5.0 *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded G8 GT vs Stock 2011 5.0 *Video*

G8 GT: Intake, catback, headers, tune, (8.57@85 street tires)
5.0: Bone Stock Auto (8.50@85 street tires)

G8's best that day was 8.46@86 and the 5.0's was 8.41@86
The G8 owner is BlueGoat06 on here. On the street I think it will be a drivers race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICmHx2jbWzA
Old 10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice vid, i know its a 1/8 but man does it look short or what id be spinning most of that , lol. I would think a G8 GXP would be a better race for a 5.0 since its heavier but with the bolt ons on the G8 GT im suprised how well they respond and gave that 5.0 a good run.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

double post.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Is the 5.0 a manual or auto? The G8 treed the **** out of him.

I ran a stock auto 5.0 when I had them mods on my G8. I beat him buy about 2 cars. Ran a stock manual 3.73 beat him by about 1/2 car.

Also with same mods I ran 8.2@88 with my G8.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by karpetcm
Nice vid, i know its a 1/8 but man does it look short or what id be spinning most of that , lol. I would think a G8 GXP would be a better race for a 5.0 since its heavier but with the bolt ons on the G8 GT im suprised how well they respond and gave that 5.0 a good run.
A bolt on G8 GT should beat a stock G8 GXP. I ran two one at the track one on the street with my bolt on G8. Same mods above. And pulled it both times.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
A bolt on G8 GT should beat a stock G8 GXP. I ran two one at the track one on the street with my bolt on G8. Same mods above. And pulled it both times.

Ok then nevermind, since you've had one in the past you know for sure. Im really suprised how well the G8 GT's run. I almost have my friend convinced on buying one and getting out of his camry, lol. If i wanted a 4 door sedan and for the amount you can pick these up i would definitly be interested in getting one, if not a 04-06 CTS-V. There definitly not easy to find but ive seen a few for sale. Pontiac did a great job with this car too bad they waited soo long and too late.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Ok then nevermind, since you've had one in the past you know for sure. Im really suprised how well the G8 GT's run. I almost have my friend convinced on buying one and getting out of his camry, lol. If i wanted a 4 door sedan and for the amount you can pick these up i would definitly be interested in getting one, if not a 04-06 CTS-V. There definitly not easy to find but ive seen a few for sale. Pontiac did a great job with this car too bad they waited soo long and too late.
I did really like my G8. It was just bad luck. Had it a year. And in that year two accidents. One women cut me off and took out the front of the car. 18k in damage. Then sitting at a red light kid rear ended me. 8k in damage. Then a semi blew tire and cracked my front bumper. After that I decided it had to go. I test drove a new SS/5.0/EVO back to back. The mustang was just faster of the 3. The SS felt like it had more TQ. But it just didn't get up and go as fast(weight) The EVO I just couldn't get into it.

Also I couldn't afford a new CTS-V..LOL..Looked at used Z06's but needed new to eat negative from G8.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

I did really like my G8. It was just bad luck. Had it a year. And in that year two accidents. One women cut me off and took out the front of the car. 18k in damage. Then sitting at a red light kid rear ended me. 8k in damage. Then a semi blew tire and cracked my front bumper. After that I decided it had to go. I test drove a new SS/5.0/EVO back to back. The mustang was just faster of the 3. The SS felt like it had more TQ. But it just didn't get up and go as fast(weight) The EVO I just couldn't get into it.

Also I couldn't afford a new CTS-V..LOL..Looked at used Z06's but needed new to eat negative from G8.
damn sounds like you had brand new car on the front end.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. Its a ton of bad luck and i guess something or someone was telling you to get rid of it before something even worse happened. Either way you stepped up and got a bad *** ride anyway so in the end it was worth it. Im going through 2 accidents in the past 5 months with my chevy cruze neither were my fault but thats luck.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Pontiac didn't have a thing to do with the development of that car.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Damn what is the slow camera car?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

True lol but they should've put there name on something that good sooner is what i should've posted.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Pontiac didn't have a thing to do with the development of that car.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87
damn sounds like you had brand new car on the front end.
**** the whole front was new. Hood, bumper, supports, radiator, Fenders, lights etc. Women was in a New Dodge Ram. I will have to see if I can dig up the pics from it.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 10-10-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:55 AM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear that. Its a ton of bad luck and i guess something or someone was telling you to get rid of it before something even worse happened. Either way you stepped up and got a bad *** ride anyway so in the end it was worth it. Im going through 2 accidents in the past 5 months with my chevy cruze neither were my fault but thats luck.
Ya bad luck..I decided the car had to go. Now looking at getting rid my wife's car when I get home. She has been rear ended twice in the last year. People just don't pay attention around us. Her first accident didn't really do damage but some scraps and paint. Second one caused about 7k in damage. She has been looking at SS convertibles and 5.0 convertibles. She can get the better deal on the SS since she works at a Chevy dealer.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya bad luck..I decided the car had to go. Now looking at getting rid my wife's car when I get home. She has been rear ended twice in the last year. People just don't pay attention around us. Her first accident didn't really do damage but some scraps and paint. Second one caused about 7k in damage. She has been looking at SS convertibles and 5.0 convertibles. She can get the better deal on the SS since she works at a Chevy dealer.
Were you live its like bumper cars i thought LA was bad, lol. She will probably get a better deal on a SS Vert i dont know how much the EVA is ($250-$750) plus however much there willing to sell it, invoice or below id imagine she will get better then preffered pricing for sure.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Were you live its like bumper cars i thought LA was bad, lol. She will probably get a better deal on a SS Vert i dont know how much the EVA is ($250-$750) plus however much there willing to sell it, invoice or below id imagine she will get better then preffered pricing for sure.
She gets employing pricing for it. Plus we save some for me being military. She looked at a fully loaded convertible 5.0. Grabber blue. It was 41k. The SS loaded depending on where you are is 43-47k. Only on they have on her lot right now is a 2LT RS/SS Orange. SHe don't like orange.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow orange vert, that inferno orange makes you stick out but looks cool in the sun. Our dealer doesnt believe in any other color, its black, white and silver. Im suprised they sell well there, were im at we couldnt give them away. We have a few sitting on our lot and its been almost a month since weve sold one. I like the Grabber Blue we had one the same color auto 5.0 on our lot with about 3k in miles and i thought it looked nice the guy had the rear window covered in that metal old school style rear louvers and side window louvers. The thing was hella clean, we had the window sticker which said 36k and some change we were selling it at around i think 29.5k and didnt get any lookers, maybe still too expensive. Our lot doesnt do well selling, fords, toyota's, lexus or hondas, lol.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

wow orange vert, that inferno orange makes you stick out but looks cool in the sun. Our dealer doesnt believe in any other color, its black, white and silver. Im suprised they sell well there, were im at we couldnt give them away. We have a few sitting on our lot and its been almost a month since weve sold one. I like the Grabber Blue we had one the same color auto 5.0 on our lot with about 3k in miles and i thought it looked nice the guy had the rear window covered in that metal old school style rear louvers and side window louvers. The thing was hella clean, we had the window sticker which said 36k and some change we were selling it at around i think 29.5k and didnt get any lookers, maybe still too expensive. Our lot doesnt do well selling, fords, toyota's, lexus or hondas, lol.
Ya the orange one they have has been sitting on the lot for a while. Some one ordered it. Then backed out out cause couldn't afford the payment. It was 47k but now marked down to 43k. They have sold a lot of V6 convertibles though and a bunch other SS's.

Quick Reply: Modded G8 GT vs Stock 2011 5.0 *Video*