Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air tube on pacesetters

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air tube on pacesetters

I was thinking about this when i was installing the headers and exhaust the past few days....i was thinking of making my own air tube restrictor plates but could i just weld a thinner piece of tubing between the two and do away completely with the bolt up stuff and have the same effect? i have the tools to weld it on, grind it down , polish it up and/or paint it so it looks good...but would it work the same?
Travis
Old 03-09-2004, 02:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are asking whether linking the driver and passenger AIR fittings with a smaller metal tube is a good idea, then the answer is no. You have not even taken into account the AIR pump itself. The AIR system only works upon cold startups to help heat your cats quicker. This is mainly for emmisions. Why not just ditch the entire AIR system and remove the AIR fittings from the headers and weld-up a patch. I think that would look alot better. Try ls1camaro.net for a complete write-up on AIR and EGR removal.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pace performance sells an air/egr block-off kit with plates and gaskets. I think it is around $20