New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 intake black plastic just like LS6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 02:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 intake black plastic just like LS6?

Ok have some stupid questions I just bought a 98 vert for my wife and it has 61000 miles on it and it shows in the interior and paint. Its in VERY nice shape but used. The engine bay though looks as good as my 01 19K GARAGED WS6...not detailed good but new good. Then I was checking out the motor and the intakes look alot alike. Except for what I assume is an EGR vavle coming out the front. So my questions are:

1. Is the LS1 intake black plastic just like the LS6.

2. Aren't 98 vavle covers supposed to be center bolt? They look the same as my 01's (I have them off now) it does have the single mounted coil packs though but they look as if they have been removed at one time.

Its wierd the hoses look new the fittings, the clamps, no dirty leaks it really is almost cleaner then my 01 and its BLACK!

Anyways thanks for reading my rambling
Old 03-09-2004, 03:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The intakes look simliar as far as texture/color.. the ls6 is larger when measured at the throttle and the center through the valley. 98's are not center bolt and are a pain in the ***.. Thats why they where changed out for the center bolts.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:15 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, 98's are Perimeter bolts for the Valve covers.

They look the same as my 01's (I have them off now)
Huh? They should look different.

As far as the intake, The biggest difference is the lack of EGR tube (although early Vettes had no EGR either). They are all plastic.

Ryan K.