Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ - new era cai.?

View Full Version : new era cai.?

elmarro
10-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to know if its a good intake i just orderd mine for $150 on eBay thought it was a good deal so now the ?? Is it worth the $$????

williamGT
10-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Just wanted to know if its a good intake i just orderd mine for $150 on eBay thought it was a good deal so now the ?? Is it worth the $$????
This member might of lost his motor because of that intake.
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=27936

elmarro
10-10-2011, 10:39 PM
This member might of lost his motor because of that intake.
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=27936

Good thing is we don't get much rain in FL. Lmao ..Well that guy didn't put the front plate on..I'll try it for a while in make sure I check it often..thanks.

williamGT
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Good thing is we don't get much rain in FL. Lmao ..Well that guy didn't put the front plate on..I'll try it for a while in make sure I check it often..thanks.
No problem.....I personally like the Roto-Fab intake.

elmarro
10-11-2011, 08:43 AM
No problem.....I personally like the Roto-Fab intake.

Yea I was planning on getting the roto-fab but I found this one cheap ( I think its cheap ) so ill try it if I don't like ill get that 1 next time...

Steelo00GT
10-18-2011, 09:15 AM

That was me. New Era has two styles. The one I have, OTR (Over The Radiator) and the regular cone style. The OTR moves the intake right under the hood vents, and water started to collect inside the intake.

elmarro
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Steelo00GT;15520233]That was me. New Era has two styles. The one I have, OTR (Over The Radiator) and the regular cone style. The OTR moves the intake right under the hood vents, and water started to collect inside the intake.[/QUO

Well I got it on Monday but this one has a plate over it they told me that's the new style..Sounds good but don't like look ...rainy season is over so ill leave it on til I can aford other 1..

Genoelectric
10-21-2011, 11:04 AM
I have used new era OTR one with rain hood gaurd with good results in very wet weather
been on over 1 year

ohioborn80
10-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Buddy of mine had the new style and lost his engine also.

I had the new style done as well. After a good rain decided to check it all out. Found water in it still. I ordered a Vararam and threw the New Era CAI in the trash.

elmarro
10-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I was just washing it I notice with the hood up when I was washing the front grill the water would come str8 to the intake !!! But I don't think its enough .. got it for $150 dont think its a bad deal just to have it on for the non rainy season!! I'll see the results tonight @ the track..

elmarro
10-21-2011, 02:04 PM
On my ws6 I had the k&n Cai its bout the same in never had a problem with all the plastics off from the hood scoops water just raming in..

ISMELLRICE
10-24-2011, 07:13 PM

I was just washing it I notice with the hood up when I was washing the front grill the water would come str8 to the intake !!! But I don't think its enough .. got it for $150 dont think its a bad deal just to have it on for the non rainy season!! I'll see the results tonight @ the track..

how much did you pay for it?