Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocated idler pulley for car intake manifold on lq4

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocated idler pulley for car intake manifold on lq4

I've searched and come up empty. where can i purchase the idler pulley that will work with the truck fead and an l76 intake? I'd like to order it sooner than later. also is there a bracket to relocate the stock ac compressor? the kwik performance bracket only works with the sanden unit.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spearwarrior
I've searched and come up empty. where can i purchase the idler pulley that will work with the truck fead and an l76 intake? I'd like to order it sooner than later. also is there a bracket to relocate the stock ac compressor? the kwik performance bracket only works with the sanden unit.
Dirtydingo.com has the idler pulley relocators.
Foxlinders.com also has the idler pulley relocators.

I havent seen any bracket that relocate the factory compressor, i notched my frame to retain my factory LQ compressor and bracket
Old 10-11-2011, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you're likely going to have to have a one-off bracket made. you could buy a used sanden compressor, though there's no guarantee the kwik bracket would work with a car intake -- plus it's stupid expensive at $200 + ~$80 for an f-car tensioner and longer belt. i'm fabbing up my own to be used with a sanden compressor, which will be much cheaper and definitely work with the combo. PM me if you're interested.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

5.3 with truck accessories, kwik a/c brackets, sanden compressor, LS6 intake, 07 and newer truck water pump. Idler on lower right has since been deleted. f-body belt tensioner.

Quick Reply: Relocated idler pulley for car intake manifold on lq4