Exception Rule For Street Legal Warriors

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exception Rule For Street Legal Warriors

In an effort to support the many racers that have expressed an interest in the Street Legal Warriors class, for the last race of the 2011 season on November 12th, HMP will allow each racer in this class to have TWO rule exceptions per car to certain rules. Racer may use their exception to any TWO ITEMS from the rules as follows:

• 11” Maximum Rim
• Working Horn, Windshield Wipers, Alternator, Headlights, Taillights and Turn Signals.
• Full Interior consisting of Carpet, Headliner, Door Panels, Passenger Seat & Rear Seat (if originally manufactured with rear seat).
• All Glass Windows and Windshields
• Factory OEM Body Parts or Aftermarket OEM Replacement Body Parts. Fiberglass Hood Permitted.
• E85 fuel.

For example, if a Street Warrior meets all of the rules but does not have windshield wipers or a horn, then those would be their two exceptions and they would be permitted to compete. If that same car was also missing a rear seat, then they would need to correct either the horn or the wipers or the rear seat in order to compete.
All other parts of the rules apply as they are written. HMP is doing this to help the racers that are in the process of getting their cars legal to the rules so they can have some fun before the season ends.

Last edited by HMP; 10-11-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-12-2011, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Nice! For the other boys running this class i am coming My car is a TRUE street car with all the working accessories Too bad i might not make it to the last race but i will be ready for next season!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Guys this is a class for all the big HP Street cars with no place to race. HMP is offering this class to get some of the late model cars out of the garages and too the track. They see all these videos of these 1k rwhp cars but they want to see who the baddest really is.

Bring your cars out, have a good time while supporting the local track. Its only $30.00 to enter, thats $10.00 more than it cost to T&T with the chance of making some decent money.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Default cage

does it have to be caged?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

I'm assuming that if your car runs fastest enough it still has to complie with all nhra rules......
Old 10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wild1100
does it have to be caged?
Originally Posted by Dave_the_SS
I'm assuming that if your car runs fastest enough it still has to complie with all nhra rules......
PM Sent
Old 10-13-2011, 12:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
Guys this is a class for all the big HP Street cars with no place to race. HMP is offering this class to get some of the late model cars out of the garages and too the track. They see all these videos of these 1k rwhp cars but they want to see who the baddest really is.

Bring your cars out, have a good time while supporting the local track. Its only $30.00 to enter, thats $10.00 more than it cost to T&T with the chance of making some decent money.

You already know all these 1000 hp cars are mostly dyno queens and roll racers...

How ironic that us high hp import guys used get made fun because we didn't want to put a cage into our cars or put slicks on them.

I hope this class turns out like it's supposed to be..

As soon as I my car tuned on the nitrous, I will run this class and represent the imports i used to at HMP..I hope I don't end up having to race against "streetcars" that don't ever run on the streets.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:02 AM
AGH
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sc300
You already know all these 1000 hp cars are mostly dyno queens and roll racers...
Old 10-13-2011, 11:09 AM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

I hope this class turns out like it's supposed to be..

As soon as I my car tuned on the nitrous, I will run this class and represent the imports i used to at HMP..I hope I don't end up having to race against "streetcars" that don't ever run on the streets.
So do we and we will do everything we can to ensure that the Street Legal Warrior class is exactly that...a real street car class. That is a main reason why the protest is available and the cruise is mandatory for the winner and runner up. For now, we need cars to show up and let us know that their is demand for this. Car count is the only vote that matters to the success of this class.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

So what is the field like in this class?? I am going to be attending possibly.. I tried finding some rules on this class and how everything will go down but haven't had much luck other than this thread..
Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

We are interested also. No dyno queen here. Just a slow turd. It is street driven every where except when she breaks. Are slicks legal or an exception?Do we need a state inspection sticker? Oh what date are we talking about would love to trailer some 1000hp cars.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

It is this Saturday John, and found the rules for this class on there site..

**Street Legal Warriors – Heads Up – All Run - **SEE EXCEPTION RULE BELOW**
$30 Entry – Car and Driver
$300 Win & $100 Runner Up
DOT Tires ONLY – 11 inch wide rim or smaller. Any Size Tire BUT No Part of Rear Tires May Extend Out of Wheel Wells. Car May Not Be Jacked Up to Where Rear Quarter Is Higher Than Tire. Rolling Fender Well Lip Permitted
Working Horn, Windshield Wipers, Alternator, Headlights, Taillights and Turn Signals.
Full Interior consisting of Carpet, Headliner, Door Panels, Passenger Seat & Rear Seat (if originally manufactured with rear seat).
All Glass Windows and Windshields
Factory OEM Body Parts or Aftermarket OEM Replacement Body Parts. Fiberglass Hood Permitted.
Factory Wheel Wells. Mini Tubs ok. No Backhalves or Full Tube Chassis.
Current License Plate, Inspection and Insurance. No Exceptions for Antique Plates.
Gasoline Only. Racing fuel permitted. No alcohol or E85.
Power Adders Permitted.
.400 Pro Tree / Pro Ladder
Winner & Runner Up Must Make Cruise After Race to Collect Purse Check.
Any competitor may protest the Street Legal status of any other competitor prior to 1st round of qualifying. If that happens, both competitor making protest and competitor being protested must make a cruise.
Street Legal Outlaw cruise will consist of driving to Walmart at Wilson Rd & Beltway 8 and back. Cars must pull into the Walmart parking lot, come to a complete stop in a valid parking spot and return back to HMP. Any car stopping during the cruise for any reason other than above and traffic control devices (stop lights, stop signs, etc) will be DQ’d and entry fee forfeited.
Street Legal Warrior cruise will consist of making a big loop from track to Beltway 8 via Lockwood to 59S and back via East Mount Houston. Any car stopping during the cruise for any reason other than traffic control devices (stop lights, stop signs, police, etc) will be DQ’d and entry fee forfeited.
HMP may or may not assign a witness to travel with one or both competitors. It is up to both competitors to monitor each other and report any violations back to HMP

EXCEPTION RULE FOR STREET LEGAL WARRIORS
In an effort to support the many racers that have expressed an interest in the Street Legal Warriors class, for the last race of the 2011 season on November 12th, HMP will allow each racer in this class to have TWO rule exceptions per car to certain rules. Racer may use their exception to any TWO ITEMS from the rules as follows.
11” Maximum Rim
Working Horn, Windshield Wipers, Alternator, Headlights, Taillights and Turn Signals.
Full Interior consisting of Carpet, Headliner, Door Panels, Passenger Seat & Rear Seat (if originally manufactured with rear seat).
All Glass Windows and Windshields
Factory OEM Body Parts or Aftermarket OEM Replacement Body Parts. Fiberglass Hood Permitted.
E85 fuel.
For example, if a Street Warrior meets all of the rules but does not have windshield wipers or a horn, then those would be their two exceptions and they would be permitted to compete. If that same car was also missing a rear seat, then they would need to correct either the horn or the wipers or the rear seat in order to compete.
All other parts of the rules apply as they are written. HMP is doing this to help the racers that are in the process of getting their cars legal to the rules so they can have some fun before the season ends.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

How ironic that us high hp import guys used get made fun because we didn't want to put a cage into our cars or put slicks on them.
Come on now. We still make fun of you guys...
Old 11-08-2011, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the rule post Bobby. I don't have any dot tires at this time. I'll be going to the NMCA, NMRA race.. I'll try and get by to see your ride this week.