Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

racenet.net

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default racenet.net

Anyone ever order from these guys. I ordered some comp cams pro magnum roller rockers from them a couple weeks ago, and have not heard squat. Tryin to call - no one answers the phone. No one answers email!

Anyone know what gives????
Old 03-09-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe they are a part of or once was ft-force. if im right they are crooks and thieves! i had ordered stuff from ft-force (2500.00 worth) and only recieved on item (slp loudmouth dropshipped from slp). i hope you payed by credit card. before thirty days make sure you call your credit card company!(i would call them now and say i suspect i may not recieve my order and they'll walk you through the procedure.) i got all my money back,its still aggrevating though. on a side note thats why i never order back-ordered items. you only have so long to dispute charges.(1 or 2 months but some cards may vary) good luck to you and keep us posted. i may be wrong about the company affiliation but still play it safe. you deserve to get what you pay for!!!

heres a ? and answer link about it: http://www.ftforce.com/performance_p...evy_dodge.html
you may have to copy it in your bar but might help you.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I finally got through to them today! Said my order should be shipping out to me tomorrow! Is coming from Comp Cams. I will give them another week. If I have not received it by then I will take some action and report them to the BBB.

I did pay by credit card so that is why I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now!?!

We will see.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Restricted User

I delt with them a couple years ago and had no problems.. They had the best price on cam kits back then.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They still have good prices, but if they would just communicate a little better, I think they would get more business.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Restricted User

I agree, I bought a set of Motive Garbage gears in a kit from them and they whined like crazy. They got worse withing a weeks span. I returned them and they did give me my money back. It took a couple call but they did handle it. I would deal with them again.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Teching In

I think they are the same guys that ripped my son off for $802 last year. I've still been trying to track them down, but they switch names alot. I think they're now on the web as customracer.com also, but would appreciate any phone numbers, names, etc. you could help with in my detective work. Unfortunately my son paid with a money order (he's young, he'll learn!) and is SOL up to this point. I've filed with the IFCC, but still not heard anything back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe that is a different company! Racenet is still in bus. under the name they have had. It is www.racenet.net. I think from what I gather they are just slow and poor communicators. There phone numbers are: order line: 888-469-7223 and tech line: 281-828-7223. I just kept calling until I got someone on the tech line.

Good Luck!
Old 03-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Teching In

I think you're right about racenet.net. I looked up their website. The one that I think may be connected is Custom Performance Automotive (customracer.com on the web). They even have a statement posted that they've purchased assets from Race Net One / FT Force, but claim to have none of the previous employees. Customracer.com also has a poor rating with the BBB and they state a bogus address as well ... so beware!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

sorry to bring up an old post, but i am having problems with racenet.net as well, ...i ordered a damn skip shift eliminator from them on June 26, and they charged my card the same day, but i have yet to get my product. i guess i should have done a search on them before ordering, but i figured all would be ok, since my brother ordered one from them and got it with no problems.

i called them on tuesday, and it took about 6 or 7 tries (letting the phone ring until it stopped ringing) to even get through to them. once i did get through, they said that they had mailed it out via USPS the day before (Monday), so to get from Houston to College Station should have taken NO MORE than 2 days....it should have been here either Tuesday or Wednesday.

i will be ordering my SSE from elsewhere, i will file a complaint with the BBB on these ********, and i will get in touch with my credit card company to recover the money that they took from me. if i can, i will try to get them indicted for mail fraud.

this is bullshit....there is absolutely NO REASON that it should take 3 weeks to receive a part that's in stock, especially when it's less than 2 hours away....

i HIGHLY recommend not EVER doing business with these people.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
sorry to bring up an old post, but i am having problems with racenet.net as well, ...i ordered a damn skip shift eliminator from them on June 26, and they charged my card the same day, but i have yet to get my product. i guess i should have done a search on them before ordering, but i figured all would be ok, since my brother ordered one from them and got it with no problems.

i called them on tuesday, and it took about 6 or 7 tries (letting the phone ring until it stopped ringing) to even get through to them. once i did get through, they said that they had mailed it out via USPS the day before (Monday), so to get from Houston to College Station should have taken NO MORE than 2 days....it should have been here either Tuesday or Wednesday.

i will be ordering my SSE from elsewhere, i will file a complaint with the BBB on these ********, and i will get in touch with my credit card company to recover the money that they took from me. if i can, i will try to get them indicted for mail fraud.

this is bullshit....there is absolutely NO REASON that it should take 3 weeks to receive a part that's in stock, especially when it's less than 2 hours away....

i HIGHLY recommend not EVER doing business with these people.
I don't believe that they keep anything in stock! I believe it is just a little one man deal trying to get over. I agree with you. People need to stay far away from racenet!!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Deeavi
I don't believe that they keep anything in stock! I believe it is just a little one man deal trying to get over. I agree with you. People need to stay far away from racenet!!
either that, or someone needs to *ahem* "pay them a little visit".....
Old 07-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Teching In

All issues have been resolved with Custom Performance Racing. I have no other problems with the company, everything was explained in detail.

Last edited by STONES_SS; 07-19-2004 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

their website lists their address as:

1304 Langham Creek Dr. Suite 122
Houston, TX. 77084

if anyone down in Houston is nearby there, or goes by there frequently, could you take a look for me and see if their business is really located there?
Old 07-21-2004, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

i ordered the CAGS eliminator from MTI Friday just after noon, and it arrived yesterday....that's how business should be done!!!

i just wish every online retailer would conduct their business like MTI...
Old 10-23-2004, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Hate to bump a old thread....but Im having the same issues.

I have called many many times and send various emails to them.

Its been 3-4 weeks since I placed my order and have still not heard or seen anything from them...besides the fact they deducted money out of my account already.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Well they are not a sponsor, the owner's name is Dennis I believe. I'll be honest over the years their service has always seemed hit or miss.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mshadow
Hate to bump a old thread....but Im having the same issues.

I have called many many times and send various emails to them.

Its been 3-4 weeks since I placed my order and have still not heard or seen anything from them...besides the fact they deducted money out of my account already.
Best thing to do is ask for a refund if you can catch them on the phone! And only order from a reputable busines from now on. I learned my lesson
Old 10-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Launching!

I got both cams I have had from them. First one showed up in 4 days. Second one was about a month. Difficult to get them to pick up the phone, but when they did the guy admitted most cams are not stocked but drop-shipped from Comp directly. I can't really complain, but I have not bought anything else from them either..... Prices were good though.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Same issue with them here, very very slow to ship. They seem to have nothing in stock and just wait until you order to place an order for it themselves. Prices are pretty good but I'll pay a little more to have my parts in a timely manner. I got every part I ordered from them but only after numerous phone calls and emails. I will never order from them again...

Quick Reply: racenet.net