Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

soo.. my neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soo.. my neighbors

so i work on my truck.. behind the gates of my house in my driveway.. infront of my garage.. under my car-port..

so yes.. my truck is loud.. its a 6.0 straight piped right now..

i have to turn it on to work on it.. since im working on the radiator and cooling system..

well now to my neighbor part..

he moans and bitches.. and yells at me.. given im only 22years old in the sfv.. and hes like a 40 year old man who just stays home all day..

he recently keeps threatening me about calling the cops and shi***..
i turn off the truck.. cause i really dont wanna get my parents all mad at me too for starting trouble.. then again.. we have never gotten along with those neighbors anyways.

QUESTION:

1. should i be scared if he really decides to call the cops? what can they really do for me working on a loud truck at 12 in the afternoon.

** thanks for your help guys..

Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

They can't really do anything because your working on your truck, but if they get enough calls about you/your loud truck they might setup a little sting to catch you driving it. They'll ticket you for loud exhaust..etc

Happened to my brother in Moreno Valley about 4 years ago. We got threatening letters from our neighbor/s about our loud exhausts.One month later two cops were waiting in the corner at night, we lived in a cul de sac. Pulled him over, popped his hood, searched his car and ticketed him for his exhaust.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disturbing the peace here, not sure what it would be called there, but let's be reasonable here. It's 12 in the day. Most people are at work. I say let the dude bitch. To be ticketed, you have to be caught IMO.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

well the truck wont be in the street till late january.. and it will have a big exhaust since i do have a cut-out for the turbo..

but i dont see why i would get a "disturbing the peace" ticket since it is Private Property.. and its in the fkn afternoon !!

i do see gettin checked by cops around the corner like your bro did.. but i dont see that as a problem.. i live next to a park, a middle school about 2 blocks away.. and the new elementary school across the street should be done by next spring.. so im used to having cops around..

i just want someone to go tell him to stfu
Old 10-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Disturbing the peace law doesnt take effect until after 10pm and since its 12 noon when your working on it then it doesnt apply to you, rev the biotch as loud as you can and let him **** and moan all he wants..
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9sect
Disturbing the peace law doesnt take effect until after 10pm and since its 12 noon when your working on it then it doesnt apply to you, rev the biotch as loud as you can and let him **** and moan all he wants..

^ thats not true you can disturb the peace at anytime of the day... easiest thing to do is talk to the guy that is bothered and ask when is a good time to work on your truck and at least you tried. When the cops come explain that your working on your car and you tried to talk to him about it and they will usually just right it off...
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

Sneak into his bedroom at 2am and stick an ice pick in his ears... he wont hear **** then....
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

yea cant do anything. If he calls Lapd they wont even dispatch that radio call. He would have to go to the housing authority and try to make a complaint saying you are a auto shop or some bs like that.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^

True, plus they would need some extensive proof that you are operating a repair shop out of your house. If this can't be proven they have nothing.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

They can ticket you for noise ordinance - citation for loud exhaust. I would just try and keep it down if you can for your parents sake but every now and then rev her up just to let him know your there. lol
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by projectX
They can ticket you for noise ordinance - citation for loud exhaust. I would just try and keep it down if you can for your parents sake but every now and then rev her up just to let him know your there. lol
1) your location says Michigan
2) you can't get a loud exhaust ticket on your own property if the officers have not heard the vehicle
3) he's not a repair shop... so laws applying to repair shops do not apply to him
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

He really cant do anything. You are working on it during reasonable hours. If you start revving it up to intentionally **** him off things will likely escalate. If hes going to be an *** about it just ignore it. Ive always had good luck where I have lived, ofcourse neither of my cars are running right now but they will both be very loud so I guess ill find out.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZexGX
1) your location says Michigan
2) you can't get a loud exhaust ticket on your own property if the officers have not heard the vehicle
3) he's not a repair shop... so laws applying to repair shops do not apply to him

1) I don't know what laws apply in CA but yes... I live in MI
2) If an officer gets a call with a complaint on a loud vehicles exhaust they have grounds to look under the vehicle - (to see if catted or not) They can check your plate see the vehicle is registered for street use and give you a warning or issue a ticket for violating EPA regulations. He says straight pipes - I just assume catless but if he has them, no worries.
3) Again, I am not familiar with CA laws but I am pretty sure they are BIG on their laws with pollution.

I simply suggested he keep it down just to save his parents some grief from the neighbor that's being a jerk.

Last edited by projectX; 10-12-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by projectX
1) I don't know what laws apply in CA but yes... I live in MI
2) If an officer gets a call with a complaint on a loud vehicles exhaust they have grounds to look under the vehicle - (to see if catted or not) They can check your plate see the vehicle is registered for street use and give you a warning or issue a ticket for violating EPA regulations. He says straight pipes - I just assume catless but if he has them, no worries.
3) Again, I am not familiar with CA laws but I am pretty sure they are BIG on their laws with pollution.

I simply suggested he keep it down just to save his parents some grief from the neighbor that's being a jerk.
Unless im mistaken they really cant do anything unless its on the street. Otherwise it would be impossible to own a race car. I agree on the keeping it down though for your parents sake.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tell him to go **** himself. Too bad for him that you're disrupting his **** watching in the middle of the day. You probably disrupted his rhythm, which he needs with his limp dick.

Tell him to worry about something important, like getting a job. Tell him you'll turn off the motor when he actually lands a phone interview.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Tell him to go **** himself. Too bad for him that you're disrupting his **** watching in the middle of the day. You probably disrupted his rhythm, which he needs with his limp dick.

Tell him to worry about something important, like getting a job. Tell him you'll turn off the motor when he actually lands a phone interview.
BigDaddyBry for President 2012
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Teching In

I have an issue going on right now. I got a modified exhaust ticket on my own driveway. I turned it on to warm it up, and got out to open the gate. An officer drives by, does a U-turn and flips his lights on. At this point, nobody is in the car and its sitting on private property. So I'm curious to know if that is legal what he did?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by myws68u
I have an issue going on right now. I got a modified exhaust ticket on my own driveway. I turned it on to warm it up, and got out to open the gate. An officer drives by, does a U-turn and flips his lights on. At this point, nobody is in the car and its sitting on private property. So I'm curious to know if that is legal what he did?
**** no, The car was on private property.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
**** no, The car was on private property.

yea like i said ..

on my driveway..

my flat bed tow-truck.. --> ll gate ll 15ft after .. then my truck -->.. its a long as driveway.. and you cant see my truck from the street !!!

my truck is GREEN STICKER .. which means OFF ROAD USE ONLY !!

doesnt need cats or anything.. its a toy .. like a sand rail or something

my boy said check the north hollywood, Ca 91606 "noise pollution" law's to see what applies to my city.. cause apparently its diff everywhere you go ..

for the record.. my truck was just idling for 12min on the driveway.. before he came screaming to turn it off..
Old 10-13-2011, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

anyone in LOS ANGELES !!

114.01 LAMC- Vehicle Repair

* Engaging in the repair or rebuilding of a motor vehicle;
* In a residential zone or within 500 feet thereof;
* Between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 8: 00 a.m.;
* Audible to the human ear at a distance in excess of 150 feet from the property line of the noise source;
* In a manner which causes discomfort or annoyance to a reasonable person of normal sensitiveness residing in the area.

114.02(a) LAMC- Vehicle Engine, Horn, and Vehicle Noise

* Every person who unreasonably operates a motor vehicle, accelerates the engine, or sounds the horn;
* As to disturb the peace, quiet, and comfort of any neighborhood or of any reasonable person residing in such area;
* Audible to the human ear at a distance in excess of 150 feet from the property line of the noise source.

Note: This section shall not be applicable to any vehicle which is operated upon any public highway, street, or right-of-way, or to the operation of any off highway vehicle to the extent it is regulated in the Vehicle Code.

READ MORE *********

http://www.tract7260.org/CrimePages/CRM20050101_05.htm

Quick Reply: soo.. my neighbors