Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

finally got the SS back on the road! new clutch, and a buncha new shit

Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default finally got the SS back on the road! new clutch, and a buncha new ****

So about 2 weeks ago, I posted up and showed what happened to my clutch and bellhousing when I downshifted from 5 to 3rd to pass somebody:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...cs-inside.html

sooooo... I just got home from my buddys after spending the whole day installing new parts to fix and upgrade this ******* money pit of a car. Heres what I bought!

-Monster stage 3 clutch premium package w/ slave cylinder and 18lb flywheel
-Tick adj. master cylinder and speed bleeder
-Quick Time scatter shield bellhousing
-Lakewood .007 offset dowel pins
-New GM starter
-New battery
-ARP flywheel and pressure plate bolts
-WS6 store short stick and hurst ball (just for the hell of it)
-BMR non-adj. torque arm (also just for the hell of it)
-New rear main seal because I needed one

and off course all the new exhaust band clamps, transmission and brake fluid I needed.

Anyway, I've only driven the car about 15 miles since getting all this crap installed.. but so far I fuggin love it! Clutch feels buttery smooth, disengages quickly, and surprisingly I have absolutely no chatter whatsoever! I keep hearing so much from people about how violent the stage 3 monster is, but it doesn't feel that way to all to me. I can feel it grab as soon as I disengage, but I can still some what slip it a little, and it doesnt bog at all with the light weight flywheel. Maybe I have been preparing myself for the worst, but hell all I can say is I am extremely pleased!

yeah yeah its only 15 miles I've driven on it, but Im very happy with choosing the monster clutch.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

oh and a tip of advice to all of you buying a new bellhousing or the quick time, DIAL IT IN! dont just bolt it up and tadah!! No. You will regret it later down the road
Old 10-15-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Regular

Someone pay me compliments before I shoot myself!!!! I have a gun pointed at my heart!!! Aaaaahhhhh
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 AM
TECH Regular

great job!!!!!!! i did the a4 to 6spd swap with monster stage 2 love it had stock hurst factory shifter and caused tranny woes pulled it ,fixed it,installed it, ran it ,wrecked it !!! in the body shop now. told chris at monster had no problem with clutch grip, just problem stopping car.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Regular

Sir you've saved a life this morning
Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Sup ben, damn man must be nice to just have unlimited money to spend on all the upgrades you have done in the past few months. First the head/cam now with this, dishing out some money for your baby. I can't even afford to get the Tick =/ Loan me some moola. LOL anyways looking good, glad i found you on the forum.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

Nick?? lol man I usually dont spend any money on it unless something breaks.. and then I go all out and spend the money doing everything up right! btw i still have delta credits from this past summer I need to use up. Maybe we can plan something soon!

Search this Thread