Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen or heard of a tsp engine failing

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Has anyone seen or heard of a tsp engine failing

Not expecting too much results with this thread, but have u? How many miles do u have on ur motor from them? Only reason y I Ask is because I've heard of engine builders who just slap their engines together without checking the clearances properly, and then the motors fail. since Im thinkin about getting one next spring, just wanna see what responses I get. Thanks
Old 10-15-2011, 03:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can assure you we are not a company that just "slaps" engines together! All of our engines are built meticulously step by step from machine work to assembly all in house. Feel free to give us a call and we will be happy to go over your upcoming build!
Here is a link to help clarify some things.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ng-center.html
Old 10-15-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Aaron... TEXAS SPEED and PERFORMANCE is one of the best in the business (period). Great set of guys that take great pride in the parts and the work that they perform... not to mention they let me call them up several times a week and bug them about odd questions....

I support Texas Speed and Performance 100% Great company...

Trust them they know whats going on and this diffidently isn't there first rodeo
Old 10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

ok cool.......just double checking that my investment wont go to waste is all........still curoious if any failed tho and why
Old 10-15-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You went find any negative comments anyway, they all get deleted.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cosmos
You went find any negative comments anyway, they all get deleted.
true, im sure they make good motors tho
Old 10-30-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorman279
ok cool.......just double checking that my investment wont go to waste is all........still curoious if any failed tho and why
havent heard or installed any of their motors that failed caused by them building it improperly.

i have however seen them go because the owner has a Racing problem.....or has done something exceptionally done to an already perfect motor

its the name of the game. it happens with any engine. whether its built by a shade tree *** hat who slaps them together, or by lingenfelter, tsp, etc.

reliability boils down to how its abused, or even maintained. failure is bound to happen at some point. especially with motors that are pushed often

throwing my name in the TSP hat though. they build a quality product. i've repaired issues with more expensive and "popular" motors than i have with anything produced by tsp.

Last edited by Raven02TA; 10-30-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They produce a great product, and I'm sure they stand behind everything they sell. Even if something did fail they would still answer the phone every time you called, unlike most other vendors. Someone from TSP will take the time to fully explain the answer to all your questions you might have. They are a good group of people.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm glad I read this thread. I was thinking of TSP for my forged engine late this year or next year but haven't done any research yet. Still goin to do research but I'm leaning towards giving TSP my money
Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My buddy John who goes by Gator on this forum has a TSP 404 longblock he bought directly from them which I installed and the motor has done nothing but perform flawlessly. We take it to the track and spray it pretty regularly and it just performs. I would have no issue using or recommending one of there motors.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my forged 347 from them almost 2 years ago..And I am completely happy with the product and especially the service. It performs as good or better than they said it will, and I drive it pretty hard when I am driving it. I think I have approx 11,000 on the setup now and it idles with the same oil pressure it did the day i unwrpped it..I would definately consider them for any build..Good luck to you OP!!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmat80
Bought my forged 347 from them almost 2 years ago..And I am completely happy with the product and especially the service. It performs as good or better than they said it will, and I drive it pretty hard when I am driving it. I think I have approx 11,000 on the setup now and it idles with the same oil pressure it did the day i unwrpped it..I would definately consider them for any build..Good luck to you OP!!
What kind of power are you makin?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

i got my cam package from em, they are great help, and i also plan on purchasing a forged something from them in the next year. hopefully before my stock bottom takes a **** lol. I kno they have pre assembled engines, waht about sending them a bare block and having a rotating assembly installed. You guys do that?

thread hijacked lol
Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to use your existing block to build a short or long-block assembly we can machine and build it just like we would if we were using a new block.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

ok awesome. im not sure if thatd be cheaper for me, but its definitely something to keep in mind. im hoping mine holds up through the spring and summer next year. then forge the bottom end a year from now. then again, if she does let go, chances are its gonna take the block with it so im in a pickle lol either forge it soon with my block and it possibly be cheaper or wait and take my chances with it destroying mine completely and have to buy the possibly more expensive shortblock lol decisions decisions. o and i have to listen to the GF complain about me spending a few more grand on my car haha
Old 11-08-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The joy received from your vehicle functioning just as you would like will greatly assist in your abilities to tune out your girlfriend's complaints.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WS.SIX
The joy received from your vehicle functioning just as you would like will greatly assist in your abilities to tune out your girlfriend's complaints.
Hahaha good stuff
Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WS.SIX
Hahaha ya....

She doesn't get mad. She likes the car and has fun with it. It just bothers when....O I dunno, I don't wanna spend n e money on our cruise cuz the day we get back I order a cam kit and intake for my car lol. Or cheap out on dates cuz I wanna make my car faster lol.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen or heard of a tsp engine failing