Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Offroad in CO

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad in CO

My name is Dunkin from Grand Junction, CO. I have been lurking and trying to absorb as much info as possible and am still grossly ignorant but at the point where I need to post up and ask questions. I am transplanting a Gen IV 5.3 (LH6) for my off road buggy. I was thinking of ditching the truck intake manifold for a take off car manifold, LS6? Am I kidding myself? I am not after quarter mile times but HP gains are always good, low end torque is where I would like to see the biggest gains. Am I barking up the wrong tree? I know that a cam swap will be in my future. Advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Teching In

I believe the LS6 manifolds do flow alot better, but the new FAAST LSRX manifold is alot better, buget wise, the stock LS6 manifold is the way to go. The truck manifold was made higher to allow more room for services in truck body's but at the cost of power.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Thats what I gathered from my reading, unfortunately my budget will require purchasing a take off LS6. Is there a good thread about injector electrical plugs? I am thinking I will need adapter pigtails for the LS6 injectors running my stripped down truck harness and the TB will swap right over?
Old 10-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Should I be directing my questions to the LS4, Gen IV, or noob (seems LS1 tech)?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

do some research in the hybrids/conversions section.

the truck intake and the ls6 flow about the same...its more of a size difference thing. the truck intake is huge...and ugly. but it performs. depends if you can put up with the look and have room for it.

i say if you dont have to buy an ls6 intake...dont do it. invest that money else where if you can fit that intake.

tb's will swap. the fuel rails wont.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...k/tune_up.html

may be better than an ls6 intake...good read for ya tho!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Teching In

great info, thank you! Will this info correlate closely for the 5.3? The size of the truck manifold presents no problem for my application, I was lead to believe that the LS6 would provide significant gains. I will be getting a tune done, looks like I should skip the intake and save up for the cam swap.