Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

So I picked up my CBR Twin kit this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default So I picked up my CBR Twin kit this weekend...

So you guys know Rob (Modular Turbo) has pumped this kit up to be something pretty awesome like a sight to behold or something. And before I get started I would like to say Rob worked with me on this arrangement to pick it up instead of installing it on the car. (Thank you Rob and Chris).
My buddy and I drove 14 hours one way to pick this kit up. And if you knew us we are talking all kinds of crap about what we are going to find. We are having a blast and have laughed at least half the way making up $#it. We stopped at Alexandria Louisianna to pickup a tshirt from the Harley dealership. There we get to meet Bruce from the show "Swamp People" who is there with security signing autographs. Not a big deal but fun to tell the story. Stuff like that and the big round bail of hay that was in the middle of the highway on the way back in the dark that we about drove straight into.
Well no one is more picky than myself when it comes to being a critic of other people's work. I don't have the motor in my car so taking it down for the "free" install wasn't possible.
So here is how they bent over to help me out...
We get there at 8:30 in the morning and Chris has the whole kit installed on another car for us to see just how things go. At this point the first impression kicks in and it was "F@CK YEAH I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE." He went through the process step by step educating me on how this pickup bed full of parts fits in an F-body. I took pictures, listened, made wise cracks, and learned how to make this come together. The whole time we are having a blast doing the whole garage bench racing and kill story exchange that must take place during such an occasion.
At the end I found that Chris is as cool a guy as anyone's best friend, an expert designer, and a first class craftsman at all things car related. I think pretty highly of my abilities so this says something. All the parts were as excellent looking as the pictures you all have seen here before and the details you can't really see through the internet that I did see, were nothing short of amazing. All of it, the intercooler, the headers, the fitment, just everything was "wow" and the K-member is nothing short of genius and patented for a reason. This kit is going on my 4700 mile 2000 WS6 so the appeal was not butchering up my car. My logic was why cut and move if you don't have to. The original motor is out. What's going in it is an Iron 383. What I have are Carillo rods, ARP studs top and botton, and Stage 3 ported 317 heads. What I still have to get are the pistons (custom CP) after I get the block machined which is suppose to happen in the next week or two. I have already driven the car to a 10.90 with a forged 347 N/A on pump gas/race fuel mix. I will start a build thread later.
Bottom line is this is a 1st class kit from great guys. The pics are the big parts the rest are in the cardboard boxes the trash bag is my oil pan with drain fittings installed. Hope this helps some of you who are on the fence.
Attached Thumbnails So I picked up my CBR Twin kit this weekend...-picture-001.jpg   So I picked up my CBR Twin kit this weekend...-picture-002.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks pretty cool man, cant wait to see the results of this setup on a forged motor with a built trans behind of it.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAX04
Looks pretty cool man, cant wait to see the results of this setup on a forged motor with a built trans behind of it.
It's going to be a handful. It's a 6 speed. I can't bring myself to go auto. I know it's trouble but I like to drive.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

what size turbochargers did you go with? Is this the 3rd kit installed or being installed?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

6165's I'm trying to control my greed and not lift heads.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Another great kit from CBR and Modular...

While your motor is out, have everything ceramic coated. It will help with corrosion protection and look bling bling in the process.

-W
Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! There's no doubt you'd make some pretty stout numbers with that kit.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh ****....
Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mike13
what size turbochargers did you go with? Is this the 3rd kit installed or being installed?
2nd kit and only 1 left in stock