Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got my First Post LQ9 Swap Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I got my First Post LQ9 Swap Speeding Ticket

Well i went on a 260 mile cruise this past weekend with AZ F-body Association eventhough my car is an X-Body. On the trip i did notice that they were driving a little under the speed limit. But on the way home i was running 77 in a 75 and kinda left them behind. It wasnt until i was pulled over by Highway Patrol did i find out that my Speedometer wasnt Calibrated Correctly. I was Going 89 in a 75. I had just recently swaped out my 410s for 373s and forgot to recalibrate my Speedo.

Thats my Bad.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Lol. Glad you're getting some seat time in!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
Lol. Glad you're getting some seat time in!
I drive it 60 miles a day as a DD, It ran perfect up in the mountains, but those damn 4th gen F-bodies left me and a Chevy Maxx Truck about 6 miles back going through the mountains. My car isnt meant for those curvy roads lol.

Toms 67 LM7 Road Camaro outran them all though.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that was wild seeing you guys in prescott. I'd have stopped if I wasn't with the family. I saw tom's camaro - now that I think of it, I remember my buddy telling me about the new guy w/ an LSx first-gen right after I moved sites. Tell him to talk to James in SCAS fuel controls - that guy's a big musclecar guy, and has a few first-gens in the family.

side not, the AC compressor bracket is done - your boy allen did a bang-up job on the spacers. I just need some hardware, a belt, and R134a and I'm in business!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
that was wild seeing you guys in prescott. I'd have stopped if I wasn't with the family. I saw tom's camaro - now that I think of it, I remember my buddy telling me about the new guy w/ an LSx first-gen right after I moved sites. Tell him to talk to James in SCAS fuel controls - that guy's a big musclecar guy, and has a few first-gens in the family.

side not, the AC compressor bracket is done - your boy allen did a bang-up job on the spacers. I just need some hardware, a belt, and R134a and I'm in business!
Very good, Allen is a bit country but one of the best fabricators you can find. He has very high standards when it comes to his work. And price is always lower than you expect. I normally pay him a little extra.

Next month there will be another cruise somewhere, They were thinking Tortilla Flats, but not sure just yet, hopefully you can come with. I averaged 25mpg on the trip.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

You guys suck.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Built it for some road racing..my MCSS with the T56 in it will eat up some corners good..
Old 10-18-2011, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

eventually i will have some better suspension up front to handle the curves. Im in the process of getting a turbo kit together first.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll have something running by then... the Nova's close, the Mustang just needs the brakes bled, and if all else fails, I should have a 5-speed and the rear main seal leak fixed in the GTO. so much for selling it I guess, haha.

I talked w/ allen about making the spacers in bulk to decrease cost, and his price was very reasonable. Hopefully I can find a market for the bracket. I'm thinking of doing an alt/PS bracket while I'm at it, offer a complete package.

Quick Reply: I got my First Post LQ9 Swap Speeding Ticket