Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having Problems With GMPARTSDIRECT

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having Problems With GMPARTSDIRECT

i ordered the LH8 Pan kit, the package arrived looking as the box was about to fall apart. once i opened it, i found that nothing had been wrapped - everything was just shipped in the box banging upon each other. all the bolts were loose on the bottom of the box... and the oil dip stick tube had alot of the paint scraped off of it.

to top it all off there was no oil pickup tube as listed in the description for the pan kit + now my build is going to be delayed even more.

after letting them know about my situation... they are asking me to return everything(in some confusing generic email) - i just need my pickup tube. thats it.

anyone had good/bad experience with gmpartsdirect customer service before?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't comment on gmpartsdirect because I used gmpartscenter.net to order a bunch of parts. Prices are a little bit more then gmpartsdirect but you don't pay crazy $$ for shipping. And the site is actually a dealership in AZ I believe. Maybe try them in the future. Hope you get it figured out.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

i ordered that same kit from them without any trouble. thats odd. mine had the pickup tube, windage tray and everything. all in packing foam peanuts.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have used them, they too are a G.M dealer I think out of Chicago, their shipping is very high but their low prices usually make some items a good deal and some items a bad deal. You can get that same G.M. Oil pan kit with the pan & gasket the bolts, windage tray and dipstick and tube from Jegs for $148.00 + $12.50 shipping and you are out the door for under $160.00 whenever I need parts like that Jegs & Summit are always within a few pennies of each other, I also look in Amazon they have the Holley swap pan for $363.00 free shipping. G.M. Parts direct needs everything back because they have to show the shipper the actual condition of the box, it will probably be more hassle and time than its worth and you might be better off just going to the local Chevy dealer and getting one, my local dealer can usually get me stuff the next day without shipping costs as long as I order before 12:00 noon. Good Luck
Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They should either send you a shipping label or credit your account for everything including the shipping. But you should take some pictures of the box and part as far as how you received them.

bc
Old 10-20-2011, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Guys... Something you may not know is if you are in a major metropolitan area you are probably near at least one (or a few in some areas) GM Performance Parts dealer. What this means is their parts department either has IN STOCK or will order without shipping charges anything in the GMPP catalog - including crate engines. I have a dealer here in KC where I get all that sort of thing. My dealer stocks several crate engines, the muscle car oil pan kit, the crank spacer and bolts and all sorts of other stuff I have purchased over several years time. Look on gmperformanceparts.com in the upper right corner for a link that says "locate dealer." Plug in your zip code and hit go and pow, all the dealers in your area appear.

I like this approach because it saves all the BS of shipping, I can see the part(s) before I buy and the prices have always been very competitive with the internet. Did I mention there is no BS about shipping which means I usually get it same day? Yes, I like that part - and they are nearly in my backyard. ...now if I could only afford an LS9 crate engine...

If you don't have a GMPP dealer, then use Scoggin Dickey as they are reputable AND a sponsor who will take care of you.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I ordered my Pan Kit from them and it came in a box with no packing..everything was loose, but it was all there.

I can vouche for the guy on that one..I was kinda like wtf on that one too..
Old 10-20-2011, 02:22 AM
Launching!

after exchanging a few more emails, GMPD owned up to it.

they said they will reorder a new pan kit from their supplier(why not just order the individual parts? lol), remove the dipstick tube and oil pickup tube from the kit and ship it to me.

hopefully all this doesnt take too too long - my engines ready to go in(minus the oil pan of course).
Old 10-20-2011, 04:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Problems like this one are the very reason I order from SDPC. Better packing job and prices just about the same.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Flow Chevrolet are a bunch of clowns.

I ordered 5 flywheel bolts - shipping for 5 bolts was $30!!

I usually order from paceparts, sdpc, and partstaxi.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As someone up top said, you have to get a price & compare shipping/handling.
I've never had a problem with GMPartsDirect. I've found the site to be a no frills, supply your correct part number, get it to me fast dealer.
Having gone through similar experiences as noted by the OP, I always call the place first to verify what I'm getting and how it will arrive.

Quick Reply: Having Problems With GMPARTSDIRECT