PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No TPS Signal Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No TPS Signal Help!

Hey guys. Im new so this may not be in the correct forum but I have a 2007 Chevy Express with the 5.3L engine. Im experiencing hesitation and stumbling upon acceleration and an occassionaly p0300 misfire. I hooked up the car to a scanner and am getting no TPS signal at the scanner. I dont see voltage and absolute % stays at 0 even when i open the throttle. I checked the wiring and Im getting 5v to the tps and good ground. Im also getting .51v from the TPS when the throttle is closed. As I open the throttle, im getting smooth increases all the way to 5v. Everything looks good but im not getting anything in the scanner. I am so lost. Anyone have any ideas? (also tried replacing the TPS, did not work)
Old 10-19-2011, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume you did your checking at the TPS. You may have a bad connection at the PCM. Or, the PCM input channel may have failed. We hope that's not it. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I figured out that I had set the setting wrong on the scanner to a dbw while my van has the throttle cable Therefore there was no readout on the scanner from the TPS. I am back to square one on troubleshooting my hesitation problem. I had a p0300 and the misfire data indicated misses on cylinder 3 and 4 ( which are across from another over the intake manifold) I tried plugs and wires and a new intake gasket but no work. I also switched the ignition coils and injectors but the misfires did not follow. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: No TPS Signal Help!