Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A few subtle mods, Di Noc Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A few subtle mods, Di Noc Carbon

Well ive been meaning to try this for awhile and finally found the time to get around to it. I was very impressed with how easy this material was to work with. couldn't have asked for better results. I just did the top portion of the third brake light to hide the cracking and wear. The sail panel trim pieces were pretty easy to apply, the third brake light took some playing with but it eventually came together. I ran out of material but I also plan to do my radio bezel. I think it should go good with my next purchase (6le carbon fiber diffuser (hate it or love it ive made up my mind, im sold)). That will probably be the extent of my carbon fiber on the car but i figure it should flow nice with the rest of the interior mods i have planed. Let me know what you guys think.

sorry for the crappy cell pics, ill get some better ones soon.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the brake light but I do like the triangle pieces
Old 10-19-2011, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to heat that vinyl to relax it, it WILL peel if you don't. 220deg is about the norm, a hair dryer will do it but it will take a minute... Just telling you in case you didnt heat it. either way, I like the sail panels but not feeling the brake light. , maybe if you outlined the upper ridge and VHTd the center section...? Love the Quasar Blue. My first 4th gen was that color... I loved it
Old 10-20-2011, 04:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heat tip, that explains why the brake light peeled the first shot. I'll be sure to hit them when I get home. Can you clear over this stuff?
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can but I wouldnt recommend it. most of it has a 3-5 year life anyways. if you clear it and have to replace the vinyl at any time, youre screwed. the clear will leave one hell of a chipped up ridge when you remove it.

Quick Reply: A few subtle mods, Di Noc Carbon