Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC Lockup Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TC Lockup Woes...

My friend has a 93' Camaro with boltons and a tune. The other day we were driving and it seemed that the TC wasnt locking up. Cruising at 60 it was around 2k rpm (stock gears and TC)... I had him lightly press on the brake while still on the gas and it didnt do anything. that usually diactivates the lockup in my impala and caprice.

How can i go about testing to see whats wrong? There isnt a check engine light on. Would a scanner show a code at all?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Was the car at operating temp above 130 degrees if not or if the engine temp sensor is bad you will not get lockup. Also engine missfire will disable lockup and may not set a code in either case.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-20-2011, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
My friend has a 93' Camaro with boltons and a tune. The other day we were driving and it seemed that the TC wasnt locking up. Cruising at 60 it was around 2k rpm (stock gears and TC)... I had him lightly press on the brake while still on the gas and it didnt do anything. that usually diactivates the lockup in my impala and caprice.

How can i go about testing to see whats wrong? There isnt a check engine light on. Would a scanner show a code at all?
Your test would indicate it is not working properly. Scan for codes, 37 is the brake switch stuck off and they have been known to fail. Next make sure the plug on the trans is connected, beyond that a solenoid or the tcc itself. The brake switch is the most common problem.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks alot for the responces guys! Ill see what i can find and hopefully thatll fix it. Thanks again!