Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmm... Dead front O2's, Yet no performance hurt

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default hmm... Dead front O2's, Yet no performance hurt

ive had my SES light on for the past month or 2 (since i did my headers) and the scan said that my front O2's are not sending a reading. i drove with open headers for about a day or 2. i got a tune just to delete the air, egr and rear O2's (ls6 intake is coming so i didnt want a full tune) but i was waiting to buy new O2s so they would be fresh when i got the tune. yet i have not noticed anything at all wrong with the O2's being dead. No stalling, shuttering ect and my gas is about 18mpgs (180ish miles on 3/4 tank) so could my O2s really be dead or could it just be a strange problem somewhere else? i was thinking i would have problems if the O2s were dead
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you would run a little richer with them disconnected. Probably not gonna break anything if you've close to maxed out your injector capacity already.

You're low rpm driveability should have suffered at least...suprising that it doesn't
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there not disconnected though. i have new o2 extensions connected properly and i had the shop tuning it run them so they wont burn. im still on the stock tune minus emissions stuff and with an ORY its hard to tell if im running rich