Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New suspension

Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New suspension

Ok, so I know there are tons of threads about everyone's particular setups, here is where I am, and where I'm stuck, I'm going to do a complete suspension upgrade in a week and wanna make sure I have it right.

Strano 1.2" lowering springs
Billestein HD shocks

I already have a tower brace

But, I'm stuck, I know I want to do my sway bars, LCA's, and PHB but those are where everyone sees it differently. Any advice? This is a 90% street driven car, but, it is still a camaro, I like to drive it! I love seeing the "45 mph" turns and Hittin them at 70, so there is my driving style, also, I'm trying to keep the price "civil". Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 98LSI
Ok, so I know there are tons of threads about everyone's particular setups, here is where I am, and where I'm stuck, I'm going to do a complete suspension upgrade in a week and wanna make sure I have it right.

Strano 1.2" lowering springs
Billestein HD shocks

I already have a tower brace

But, I'm stuck, I know I want to do my sway bars, LCA's, and PHB but those are where everyone sees it differently. Any advice? This is a 90% street driven car, but, it is still a camaro, I like to drive it! I love seeing the "45 mph" turns and Hittin them at 70, so there is my driving style, also, I'm trying to keep the price "civil". Any input is greatly appreciated!!
FYI if you don't want to lower, you don't have to, your stock springs are good for what they are, but ofcourse good lowering springs will make a difference with handling and roll.
As for swaybars I don't see any "different" opinions, the general consensus (and proven balance) is either 32mm/19mm(stock SS/WS6) or 35mm/22mm (or 21mm). You could also do a 22mm adjustable if you want to play around with the stiffness. Generally anything bigger in the rear is going to make the car oversteer more on an already balanced setup. Check out strano or UMI.
LCAs: stay away from poly, they bind and make can make noise. Rod end LCAs can make noise as well, but allow full articulation. UMI rotojoint allow full articulation and arn't supposed to make any noise. You can also get some 1LE rubber bushings to stick in the stock ones, and nothing is wrong with that, LCA's make little difference with handling, especially compared to shocks, springs and swaybars. So IMO save your money here by staying stock and upgrade something else (like better shocks).
As for a PHB, you can get poly or rod ended, as long as its adjustable. (or if you want to spend more you can get a Fays2 Watts link).
Old 10-23-2011, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Well, I'm already lowered on that eibach pro kit (came with car) and I have had her for 6 years and it's starting to sag and ride really rough!

The swaybars I was just looking between spohn, BMR, and umi, and, as usual, I'm torn, all the prices are similar, sizes are similar, I guess with those it comes down to personal preference? And I don't think I would need the adjustable ones, thanks for that input tho.

Well that answers my question between all the different LCA's, and yeah I wasn't sure about those yet, seemed like the "major" players were the shocks/springs and swaybars, as well as the adjustable PHB, so I guess that's about it huh? Seems simple enough, now I just need to make a decision! I'm sure ultimately I'll be happy no matter what I do, thanks for the input. . .
Old 10-24-2011, 07:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. Happy Monday. JD_AMG's post is right on the money. It's nice to see when forums work like this - enthusiasts helping each other.

Give us a call and we can help you sort out the LCA bushing world. Indeed our Roto-Joint offers the best balance between "quiet" and performance.

ramey
Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Well, i think I'm going to drop the LCA's for know, I think for the moment I'm going to do springs, shocks, PHB, and swaybar's, oh, and bushings, which brings up a totally different topic of discussion, let's say the car has 142,000 miles, basically everything is shot, what would I want poly, and what would I want rubber?

Search this Thread