Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Brake Bleeder Valve Options

Hola FBuds!

Here is the cliffnotes version;

-Working on a set of Baer Calipers.
-Brake Bleeders seized and broke off.
-Broken Bleeders Removed and Retapped to 10mmx1.0
-Installed new 10mmx1.0 Brake Bleeder Valves.
-There is a teardrop seepage from the nipple of the valve.

I've come to the conclusion the "bottoming out" of the base of the valve to the base of the caliper port is not flush. Now I've searched for a Brake Bleeder Valve that doesnt' require a "bottoming out" of both caliper and the valve to no success. I've found http://www.speedbleeder.com/ which look promising but they still require a "turn" to lock in, and even then simply press in the brake pedal and it'll be 'Ole Faithful' with brake fluid. Now I know I'm not the first to look into this but is there a reason why I can't find any results? Is it because there is that much pressure in the ABS brake system no sort of provision within the bleeder valve is strong enough to withstand it besides having the valve bottom out into the galley of the caliper hole?

I'd really would rather not tunnel out more material from the caliper then needed especially trying to make the surface flush for the bleeder valve. I understand if there is no such kind of brake bleeder valve invented yet my only option will be this:

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2767-13916.aspx

The housing adapter in the above link provides it's own "surface" to mate against the bleeder valve which might be my best bet.

I'm leary about putting any type of material such as a gasket or rubber washer as I think Brake Fluid can dissolve and break up pretty much anything over time. Or is there something you guys recommend worth trying to stop the slow seepage when the brake pedal is applied?

Thanks in advance!

-Ruben F.