Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

First video of the new Autocross/Street car

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Default First video of the new Autocross/Street car

http://www.stranoparts.com/videos.php

Relevant here for a couple reasons. It's LS powered. It has suspension and brake parts on it.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Sam, you're going to be having some fun! Do the rules allow you to upgrade the dry sump at all? the factory "dry-ish" sump isn't that great, Aviaid and i think lingenfelter have a bigger tank and something else that helps the sump perform as it should

Old 10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

What tires on the Zoh? Seems to hook well.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I saw you were signed up for Nashville as a single driver, I was seriously considering calling you up to work out (and beg) a co-drive.

Then I just decided to sack up and haul my own heap out there. *shrug* Probably for the best. I'd never be able to get back in my car.

See you Friday.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Awesome Sam, you're going to be having some fun! Do the rules allow you to upgrade the dry sump at all? the factory "dry-ish" sump isn't that great, Aviaid and i think lingenfelter have a bigger tank and something else that helps the sump perform as it should

You mean the "damp-sump" system? No I can't touch it since I'm in Super Stock.

But I'll keep Redline in there so I have the best oil film I can get. And a friend of mine has been beating the tar out of a stock oiling system LS7 for 6 years now in an ASP setup car without any issue. 2009 cars and later got bigger tanks too, but I can't use it until/unless GM supersedes the old one.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ironhead
When I saw you were signed up for Nashville as a single driver, I was seriously considering calling you up to work out (and beg) a co-drive.

Then I just decided to sack up and haul my own heap out there. *shrug* Probably for the best. I'd never be able to get back in my car.

See you Friday.
Well, Snyder has been pissing around. I still don't know if he's coming out there or not yet. Looks like you guys have a class in ESP now!

Old 10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You mean the "damp-sump" system? No I can't touch it since I'm in Super Stock.

But I'll keep Redline in there so I have the best oil film I can get. And a friend of mine has been beating the tar out of a stock oiling system LS7 for 6 years now in an ASP setup car without any issue. 2009 cars and later got bigger tanks too, but I can't use it until/unless GM supersedes the old one.
Gotcha. That's good, I was thinking they had issues in auto-x too, but it doesn't sound like it then. Have fun..and enjoy it
Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 AM
wrencher

That's exactly the GM car you needed.
Love these cars for tracking, they are alot of fun.

Have seen some have oiling issues also. Others totally stock & never a problem.
Driven real hard too, no problems. Seems like a hit or miss thing?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by wrencher
That's exactly the GM car you needed.
Love these cars for tracking, they are alot of fun.

Have seen some have oiling issues also. Others totally stock & never a problem.
Driven real hard too, no problems. Seems like a hit or miss thing?
Not really a hit and miss thing. Oil is EXTREMELY important, more correctly the oil film strength and not all oils are great at that... and one really popular one we've had trouble with a lot of spun rod bearings, which is why I run Redline.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Congrats Sam!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Not really a hit and miss thing. Oil is EXTREMELY important, more correctly the oil film strength and not all oils are great at that... and one really popular one we've had trouble with a lot of spun rod bearings, which is why I run Redline.
Hope it wasn't German Castrol. That's what I use
Old 10-28-2011, 11:32 PM
wrencher

Nope M1 I bet. Seen them blow with all the above in them though.
Big difference from street driving compaired to racing the car though.
Meaning if it's not primarily raced you likely wont see an issue.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The only ones we've had issues with were on Mobil1, I won't use it, I refuse. I'll use standard oil first.

Anyway... The weekend didn't go as well as I hoped. The course was slippery which made it hard to get any power down most of the time (even the Elise's were power oversteering so you can imagine what my Z06 was trying.... I'll try and post some video later). Then I had major cone issues. In fact I coned out, but in a class of 17 still finished 5th carrying dirty runs and 4 seconds of penalties that came with those damn coned runs. Also, there was a section of course on the banking that made you drop off onto the flat and slick asphalt apron, then turn back up to the banking while on throttle---I didn't like it to start with, less so when an S2000 slammed the wall (the one you see behind my car in the picture below). As competitive as I am, balling up my new to me car that wasn't $500 wasn't in the plans. The times I ran weren't bad, and I was the fastest Corvette there---but a little caution and a lot of cones did me in.

BTW, I'm not afraid of tracks. If we had just run up that banking in a straight line I'd have been fine. In fact another Z06 ended up in a tire wall out of another corner, and that didn't phase me at all and I continued to be crossed up out of that corner. But the pavement change + camber change + proximity to the wall + my being 38 and not 18 = a little discretion.