Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P code and Idle/IAC help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P code and Idle/IAC help

So this is vague. I get it, but im currently away from home till Jan. I was back home in July and my 2002 Ws6 had a ses on. I cant remember the p code but seem to remember it being low voltage iac. I replaced the iac and tps thinking it was that and a day later the ses came on. Same code. Maf is clean. Now I have noticed this whole time that the idle is somewhat high...... (1200-1400) at the first start and then warmed up and when im in neutral and coasting to a stop. Then after 4 seconds the idle comes back to 800. I dont know if there is a minor pvc leak or if its a tune issue. I bought the car late last year from a total tool bag. He claimed it has a gm hotcam and tune. So Im lost. Should I try to get a new tune or do you think its a leak? Car also is somewhat harder to start with an hot soaked engine. Like if I go to walmart and come back. Cranks for 8 seconds then starts and puffs a little smoke. Dont know if tune related either? It seems I can turn the key on, then off and then on and it starts ok? So with 66K i hope its not a fuel pump/reg issue. I need your suggestions on the possible issue
Old 01-04-2012, 05:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys., thanks