Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?

I have stainless 2.5" piping that needs to connect to a T4 flange, I have seen others with a T4 to 2.5" reducer/merge, looking to purchase (2) of them.

I have attemped to make my own but am very unhappy of the way it cam out... see pics.
Attached Thumbnails Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?-10-30-006.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is only one pic that shows none of the fabrication. There is no reason to have the divided flange unless your feeding each bank of the motor to each side.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

www.mandrel-bends.com

mods delete if this violates the sponsor rule.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

i used this one, worked great, fit right in, tack it up, heat and stretch it into the corners with a dull chisel, finish welding.

note: they dont look anything like like the picture on the columbia river site.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
There is only one pic that shows none of the fabrication. There is no reason to have the divided flange unless your feeding each bank of the motor to each side.
i have twin scroll divided t4 flanges on the 2 turbos...thats why i bought these flanges to match them.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmax4499
i used this one, worked great, fit right in, tack it up, heat and stretch it into the corners with a dull chisel, finish welding.

note: they dont look anything like like the picture on the columbia river site.
thanks, will try a pair of those.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by So.jerZ-28
i have twin scroll divided t4 flanges on the 2 turbos...thats why i bought these flanges to match them.
I would knife edge the inlet side of the flange so the exhaust isnt hitting the little wall. Not that it is going to make a big difference.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
I would knife edge the inlet side of the flange so the exhaust isnt hitting the little wall. Not that it is going to make a big difference.
Actually, already did that. took exhaust housings off turbos and knifedged them too w/my porting bits.
I'm am gonna try another route w/ t4 to pipe flange. I'll post up pics later.

FYI: tig'in 1/2" thick stainless to .065" wall stainless tubing is a MUFkr when you're a novice tig welder....
Old 10-30-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We all gotta learn somehow. At least u got a tig. I learned with a stick welder and a grinder. First turbo "kit" I built ran for bout 4yrs. With no probs. Wasnt gonna win any blue ribbons or anything but it worked. Just arc welded and LOTS of grinding and painting
Old 10-31-2011, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NemeSS
We all gotta learn somehow. At least u got a tig. I learned with a stick welder and a grinder. First turbo "kit" I built ran for bout 4yrs. With no probs. Wasnt gonna win any blue ribbons or anything but it worked. Just arc welded and LOTS of grinding and painting
Yeah, I just picked up a Miller Syncowave 250 tig, my buddy Joey Gambino is giving me a couple lessons on it this week. I have to order a pedal for it, its got some kind of hooky dooky aftermarket slide adjustment on the gun, which is horrible when trying to adjust penetration & keepin the gun steady at the same time.
I got a nice mig too, but ran out of stainless wire, otherwise I would tacked parts up with that.

Here is my next try at t4 to 2.5" (previously I took 3.5" cut a V in it and coned it)

T4 flange, cut out divided area (no need for it since I knife-edged the exhaust housing)
2.5" stainless, beat it to a oval
Inserted 2.5" oval into T4 flange
Tack'd the flat area's
used ball peen end of a body shop hammer on the corners to form it to the T4 flange.
very happy how it came out, now I just gotta weld it up without it looking like dogcrap...lol
Attached Thumbnails Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?-piston-pics-002.jpg   Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?-piston-pics-003.jpg   Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?-piston-pics-005.jpg   Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?-piston-pics-012.jpg  
Old 10-31-2011, 03:38 AM
8 Second Club

don't get the colombia river "transitions" ! they are just a peice of SS tube that some one squished in vise to make a few flat spots that no where fits in the flange. definatly NOT worth the money they where asking for .

just do it like stated above , flatten some spots and tack ( well maybe more than tack) them in place and use a torch and dull chisel to form the pipe into shape.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
don't get the colombia river "transitions" ! they are just a peice of SS tube that some one squished in vise to make a few flat spots that no where fits in the flange. definatly NOT worth the money they where asking for .

just do it like stated above , flatten some spots and tack ( well maybe more than tack) them in place and use a torch and dull chisel to form the pipe into

shape.
wrong! they are formed not put in a vise, for me it was worth the 40.00 for two. but your right they are easy to make, i did not want the hammered look on my pipes,
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another good method to form the ends is some hardwood wedges. Ground down to a diameter similar to what you want and hammer it in. Usually you can find them from decent size pallets.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who sells Stainless T4 flange to 2.5" pipe assy?