Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pumps?

My friend told me to get a zero cavitation zero hemorrhaging pump i think is what he said and it rings a bell but im having a complete brain fart can somebody help explain this?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never heard of an automotive zero cavitation pump, cavitation is what happens when a pump starts starving of the media it is moving, oil, water, gas etc.. the noise associated with cavitation is due to there being media there and then not, combined with air.
The best pump you can buy for these engines is opinion, My opinion is Go with the melling 10296, I did its better than the OE pump, better quality and better parts.

Sounds to me like your buddy is blowing a cloud of smoke.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I keep hearing all about the great quality of the Melling pumps, but so far I've been unable to actually see pictures of the inside of one. Does anybody have pics that show this so-called superior quality?

Based on the quality of the new Mexican made OEM pumps, I certainly would hope that the Mellings are better, but still... I'd love to actually see pics.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I seriously doubt You would really be able to see the difference looking at pics online anyway , maybe You could seeing the original pics or possibly viewing them online if You could adjust the brightness and exposure ,,,,,,,,etc
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If the improvements are that minute, I have a hard time believing that there is really much of an improvement.

If the melling isn't visually better than this poor excuse for a GM part, then I'm not wasting my money: