Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dimensions for Third Gen Camaro LS1 Swap Components

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dimensions for Third Gen Camaro LS1 Swap Components

I have access to the steel and the equipment to make the lsx swap motor mounts, t-56 swap crossmember, etc, but I don't have the dimensions for them. I've seen that people have posted a drawing with dimensions in swap threads for other cars, so I was wondering if anybody had these for the third gen camaro. Just trying to have a little fun and make my own parts. Plus it'd be nice to save a little cash so I can afford those ridiculously priced lsx swap headers...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Probably wont get much info aside from the commonly available SBC adapter plates (BTW you want 1" setback for 3rd gens)

Companies spend lots of time with R&D (some less than others) and critical dimensions of their parts is part of it. Best I can tell you there is try them out yourself. FWIW, the double hump crossemembers almost never fit correctly out of the box and require modifications, so you're better off building them yourself

On the other hand, mounts are the cheapest part of the swap. Whats the big deal trying to save $20 from the start? Its not going to make much of a dent in the $900 price tag
Old 11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get an engine, a transmission and the car of your choice and start measuring, cutting and welding
Old 11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can find the template in the FAQ's.. just take the Standard plates. mount the engine mount holes about 1" forward of the forward engine boss holes and about 3/16" lower to make it into a 1" setback plate..

I made both of my plate for my Chevelle (1/4" Steel plate) and Nova (1/2" Alum). its not hard, I did it in my garage with just hand tools, drill, cutting wheels, taps and grinders. you have access to shop equipement. your in better shape than I was.. LOL.

Quick Reply: Dimensions for Third Gen Camaro LS1 Swap Components