Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock lq4 supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock lq4 supercharged

Hey I was wondering would my car be fine with a stock lq4 cam (complete motor swap). I am going to use my ls1 intake (only cause that's what I already have for now) and a psc1 pro charger also that's what I already have...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be "fine?"

Fine how?

will it work? sure.. with a tune.

running the s/c on a stock LQ4.. lets see.. IO think they're 300hp at the motor.. I'm taking a literal stab in the dark to say.. 450 with a s/c..

you could be high 300s/low 400s at the wheels?

But.. while you have the motor out.. you swap in a cam on that motor.. snag a used Ls6 intake.. you could be sitting 500-550 at the engine easy s/c I'd say.

Again I'm stabbing in the dark here.. but I've been mulling the Lq4 world and forced induction for a while now and driving my friends NUTS talking about it.. so that's my basis for this info. basically the Lq4 has a truck cam, it's not optimum at all for a motor with such potential.

oh also, this may be better placed in the forced induction section.

ANNND.. it depends on your boost and all that.. if you already have the p1sc, otherwise i'd say go d1sc, it's a little bit more but has more potential. I know you can supposedly run a peak of 8psi on a stock bototm end safely on an Lq4.

Quick Reply: Stock lq4 supercharged