Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

futureuser/tsnow help me out...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default futureuser/tsnow help me out...

Can you guys take pictures of your frame stands/mounts, preferably with a ruler showing the measurements? I am still fighting my low headers problem.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What car are you working with ?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not near the car right now but here's a pick. Can you post a pic of yours?

Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not near the car either, unfortunately. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Mounts..

Here are a few from my 71' Nova... using 1/2" alum plates I made (1" setback)... and Energy Suspension S/W mounts..

Hope they help..

BC
Old 11-03-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

I will get some posted when I get home. My computer at work is blocked from just about everything. I have some posted on the thread if you can find them. Do a search on my thread and look for keywords like "energy" "swaptech" " piece of ****" any of those ought to bring up something on my thread for the meantime. My stands are different from Futureusers. I think his car was a Hi performance from the factory and mine was a standard low performance one. I think my stand/mount combo will bring your entire engine/tranny up some.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, futureuser, I've just shipped this thread off to someone who might benefit from the excellent photos.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks gmag, I will also post pics here of my hooker plates on the block for all to see. I had difficulties trying to squeeze the motor in the car, it would hit the firewall before the ears of the motor mounts could clear the frame stands. Maybe this thread could help? I will take pics and post tonight. RP0029, what car are you working with? I have a 67 camaro.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Here are some pics of the mounts I used and the stands that were in the car. I ended up flipping the adapters over so that the holes in the mounts would line up with the holes in the stands. I have the low performance stands. Flipping the adapters also allowed clearance at the header tube on the #1 cylinder to the mount. You will however have to modify the mount just a little. In the pics of the mounts laying on the mill you can see where I cut the short lip off. There is a hump on the inside of the engine stands that can be ground off if you want to avoid milling the mounts. Sorry but I have no measurements. I set my engine in the neutral position to gain access to the bellhousing bolts if and when needed. I could have set the engine back an inch but I like clearance all the way around. If you need any more pics let me know. Side note, I also used the plates that come with the Energy Suspension mounts.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Hooker plates on the LS block. So far the engine is hitting the firewall when installing but I might just have to remove the wire harness, pcv, and possibly intake to get it to clear. I will try again when I have more time. If anyone can tell me that these plates are installed correctly that would be great, I believe they are but you never know...