Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech w/ aftercooler - SS fit question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vortech w/ aftercooler - SS fit question...

I am getting ready to install a Vortech set-up on my SS and was wondering if there is any way around cutting up my hood. I have searched the threads and it looks like there is no way around it but I wanted to get an idea from Vortech owners.

Do you think a k-member spacer like the ones used on the magnacharger kits would provide enough room?

Does the actual head unit stick up too far or is it just the after-cooler that hits?

How much clearance is needed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM
SCAMMER ALERT!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got a z28 with a vortech charger and the had to cut up the hood to get it to fit right. my intercooler has marks where its still rubbing. i want to put the ss hod on but dont know how it would work....... good luck
Old 11-02-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I know it's not functional but I would still rather not cut it

If it's only the after-cooler that's the problem I am sure there is a creative solution out there. If it's the blower I am hoping a small k-member spacer will be enough.....?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

I have seen an ss with the kit on it and Im almost positive the hood must be cut to fit and that k-member spacers wouldnt be enough. I have the kit on my non ss car and didnt have to cut or space anything to get it to fit correctly with poly motor mounts. I did however, have to beat the hood with a rubber mallet like the VORTECH instructions suggested for it to close properly. You can obtain a copy of them on VORTECH's site.

Quick Reply: Vortech w/ aftercooler - SS fit question...