Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Blew vacuum line off valve cover...etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew vacuum line off valve cover...etc

Sts set up--- drove car around a good twenty minutes with out any problems just toying around.. Stopped and did a launch and somewhere around when I was in or close to third gear I let off because it was running bad and so I let it idle and came to a stop and noticed I blew the vacuum line off of the valve cover that goes to the pcv solenoid to the throttle body Sprayed oil everywhere and left it off and legged it back to the garage and also noticed I was losing oil pressure???!?! Hooked line back up and tried to start. Still ran rough and oil pump didnt want to kick on. And it also had a hard time turning over. What happened???
Old 11-02-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you blew the **** up good. Compression test time.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jak2908
Sts set up--- drove car around a good twenty minutes with out any problems just toying around.. Stopped and did a launch and somewhere around when I was in or close to third gear I let off because it was running bad and so I let it idle and came to a stop and noticed I blew the vacuum line off of the valve cover that goes to the pcv solenoid to the throttle body Sprayed oil everywhere and left it off and legged it back to the garage and also noticed I was losing oil pressure???!?! Hooked line back up and tried to start. Still ran rough and oil pump didnt want to kick on. And it also had a hard time turning over. What happened???

What do you mean your oil pump didn't want to kick on? Meaning on your STS kit or on your engine? If your crank is turning, then so should the oil pump on the engine.

Sounds like you had too small of PCV ports on the valve covers for the amount of blow by that was occurring. That's why you blew the line off of the cover. Why you lost oil pressure and it is running rough now is another story though.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 AM
TECH Resident

Do you mean the pcv check valve (solenoid?)? was it installed in the correct orientation?

I'm no expert but if the check valve were installed in the incorrect direction couldn't one technically be boosting the crankcase? I imagine that could have caused enough pressure that way to pop the line off of the check valve and leading up to that it could have caused undue stress on an external oil pump (pushing oil in the opposite direction that the pump is working towards) which may have lead to damaging it. Again, no expert, just an idea that came to mind, figured i'd throw it out there.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

My external oil pump. I start the car and it runs for half a second or so. Why I was losing engine oil pressure idk Started sounding like rods were knocking..

Quick Reply: Blew vacuum line off valve cover...etc